• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Failed band - is NHS revision possible? Dr Patel KCL

EwyGM

Hi all,

Apologies for the long post.

I had a gastric band fitted back in 2012 when I was 18 by Prof. Patel in Kings College hospital, during the 8 weeks liquid diet afterwards I lost around 2 stone and then a further 1 in the months following. After around 6 months I had stopped loosing weight so continued to have my band tightened but only ever lost a pound or two until the next fill.

I had my band tightened to nearly the max under X-ray by my surgeon but only experienced extreme difficulty eating for the 6 months following. Around 4 months ago I had most of the fluid in my band taken out down to 5ml as I was fed up being unable to eat and the stress causing hair loss.

When I had the fluid taken out Mr Patel told me he does not offer revision, however I have read a few posts on here in which he has offered some banders a revision.

I have an appointment on Friday but cannot decide whether it is worth going as he has told me I cannot have a revision and I do not want my band filled.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Ewy

Back