• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

calling all Dr ameet patel sleevers

debs6

hi to you all.:flirt2:
my surgen is dr ameet patel, kings collage hospital in london.
as i have no info!! and have now been told by some woman that ill have to wait even longer than the 6mths time slot. im on my own and cant find anyone elsethats got him..
has anyone else had or having the sleeve done by dr patel,
Thanks
Debs xx

Hi Debs, welcome to the group :)
I believe there are two WLS surgeons at Kings I wasn't with Mr Patel but with Ms Chang (the other one). I was told 6 months back in september 2010 and this got longer and longer and I eventually went in 1 year to the day.
Whilst I can't comment on Mr Patel I can tell you that the staff on Lister ward where I was were all wonderful and very helpful, as were all the support staff in the lead up.
your in good hands but it might be a lengthy wait. If you call admissions that can give you a better idea of where you are on his list (you'll need your patient number when you call)

I know this is a very late response to your question but, I was operated on by Mr.Patel a week ago and can highly recommend him, he's very friendly,informative and very caring. He has a lot of experience and I am to believe, teaches other surgeons how to perform Laporospic surgery.

Last edited:
Hi,
update on my surgery,
ive now had my surgery Cancelled Twice.
i am waiting to see the respiratory team as i had pnemonia 2yrs ago and they think ive still got it!
they wont do my surgery untill they know my lung is clear,
so im still waiting!
how are you getting on wats it like after surgery,
Thanks
Debs

Hi, Like D-J I too had Mr Patel operate on me and I echo D-J's comments.

Hello, My name is Jodi and I'm 26 years old. I am new to Forums.
I have been going through the motions that I guess lead you up to getting a date for Surgery, I have been going to appointments after appointments for over a year now, I'm hoping I am somewhere near to actually getting this Operation.
I have been seeing lots of Different people in Guys and St Thomas's Hospital, I have my Food and Nutrition Appointment on the 4th of March and I have an appointment on the 12th of March to meet Mr Patel.
Does anyone know How far away I seem to be?
I am worried about being put to sleep, I have never had an Operation before, So I am looking for someone to go through this experience with and someone I can talk to about things.

Thank you for any advice and support.
Jodi x

I can't answer questions about Dr Patel or the centre you are having your surgery at but I do know a little about being put to sleep, both because I am a midwife and see general anaesthetic being performed frequently and because I had one myself for my sleeve three weeks ago, what is concerning you the most? X

I think what worries me the most is not waking up, though I wouldn't know I hadn't woken afterwards.

Mr Patel was my surgeon, he was very good at putting me at ease and even insisted that he do my operation on a set day rather than my prefered day as his prefered anesthetist would be available.

I meet with Mr Patel on the 12th March. How long did your journey from food and nutrition to having the op take?

Wow. That was rather quick. I feel the same about the feeling like your cheating I mean I'm 26 and I feel like I should be able to control my weight myself.
I know that my weight gain is not all my fault as I have other factors that are causing the weight gain. At 16 I was 10st and by the time I got Married at 18 I was 18st now at 26 I'm 23 st!
How long did you stay in for?

Was in on the Thursday, had the op Thursday afternoon, home Sunday night.

No, not sure what his NHS practice is like though.

Back