• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone got more than 7ml in a 9ml band?

susie7300

I had a fill last Monday to take my band from 5.5ml to 7ml. I thought this may have been my sweet spot...but it seems I still have no restriction! Am a little worried that my band isnt working as it should be, or do you think I' m worrying needlessly? Please can anyone help? Can I still have more saline in my band...does anyone know what the maximum is for a 9ml band? :wave_cry:

Hi Sue

Wendy told me she wouldnt want to put more than 7mils in my 9mil band and as you know I went for 6.5 mils. Everyone is different but if you feel that you have little or no restriction maybe give colleen a call to discuss what types of food you are eating to test your restriction.

Good luck x

Hi, I have 10mls in a 12ml capacity band, and like you feel little or no restriction, and worry everyday about failing.!!! I just keep plodding on and hope for the best. I have now started slimming world again :-(

Thanks for the replies ladies, think I will give Colleen a call tomorrow to see where I can go from here. Have tried all kinds of foods Maz, not having sliders but will double check again....have been following the traffic light diet. x

HI, I have 8.8 is a 10ml band. It is not unusual to be nearly full before restriction. The new modern bands are capable of been completely closed (why would you want that?).

DOn't worry you can have more pt in. There is no point have a band that can take 9ml and then it never meant to be used.

It all depends on the position of the band and how big your stomach is and how tight they place the band in the first place. My friend had 8.5ml in a 9ml band and got her sweet spot, I however couldn't cope with more than 3ml in a 9ml band and that was far too tight.

I think the hard thing is recognising the sweetspot and sometimes we don't notice when we do have it.

Good luck and I hope you find it soon.

xxx

Have been in contact with Wendy and she said its ok to have more in, so have booked another fill for next week. Thanks ladies for your advice, its much appreciated. I think you're right about the sweet spot Indianlight, it's not knowing what I should be feeling that may be the problem...will be extremely careful when I have my next fill x

Hiya

I have a 10ml band, and had my operation in July 2008. I am currently 6.6mls in the 10ml band, due to have another fill on November 18th. It seems to me that you have had your band filled to just under capacity fairly soon. Especially as you only had your operation in August this year. Not sure how they work out who gets what and where, but for me to have less than you in our bands and I have had my band fitted for 13 months longer than you, doesnt quite seem right to me. Surely they should have started you off with a smaller amount and build up, like they did with mine. I have had a sweet spot quite a few times, and went 5 months between a fill at one point. I am just concerned that they might have filled yours too quickly with too much, not allowing for future progress? Seems a bit strange to me, but they are the professionals I guess !!!
Good luck with your next fill.
MNL:)

Thanks for your reply MNL...I guess everyone is different. Well done on your fantastic weight loss. I have no restriction at all, so will go for another fill on monday. Fingers crossed that I reach my sweet spot this time. x

I had my band fitted in April and had my first fill (6ml) 7 weeks later. I then had fills 2-3 weeks apart until I found the sweet spot. I didn't have it at all until the last fill (about 8 weeks ago now) I don't see why some people who are not getting any restriction are having to weight for fills.

I am 2lb away from my goal and it has been less than 7 months. That would not have happened if I had to wait longer for fills when I was getting no restriction.

Good luck with your next fill.

Hi all. I rang my provider and they are still insisting that I do not have another fill until Jan. So will just av to wait. I have not lost anything for 7 weeks now and have actually put on a few pounds!!!!! =(

I have a 9ml band and just over 8 in mine and I still feel like another half a mil would be perfect. I waited most of my first year after surgery to get any proper restriction. I wish I had started calorie counting and exercise sooner as it would certainly have helped whilst I was waiting to get the right level of restriction...actually ANY restriction!!! I think you have to be firm and say if you're not coping as I wish I had put my foot down and insisted on more in each fill. Maybe I would have been more successful last year. Good luck anyway hun x

Back