• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

confused?

patricia2612

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone is going through the same thing? I had my op back in November 2011.I have had my 4th fill last week bringing me up to 9ml in a 11 band. I can still eat a considerable amount. For instance I can eat a whole fish pie from m&s and I don't have this horrible feeling in my chest that a lot of people mention. Also I can eat pretty much anything, I've only had a problem a couple of times with red meat where it felt like it got stuck I think because I was eating too fast, but then it went down after a few minutes. Also had a problem with ryvita...but other than that I haven't had a problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal to feel like this? Thanks, would appreciate your feedback

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Yes many if not all of us will have. Fish pie is essentialy a slider food and best eaten when on the soft food stage post op or after a fill.

Red meat and ryvita are better food choices - your band is restricting how much of them you can eat comfortably.

Try and get out of the "I can eat almost anything" mindset and try and stick to band friendly foods that will fill you up for longer. Protein, veg and fruit - carbs last!

Hope that helps xx

flutterby1966

Yes, I agree with Mazza. Definitely try to focus on the protein and veg first. For me, once I start with the carbs, it definitely becomes more difficult, as the body craves that sugar...and then that vicious circle starts when you feel up, then down and then you cannot stop the munchies. Ryvitas (other crispbreads are available LOL) are good though - two with soft cheese and peanut butter or hard boiled egg for breakfast as soooo filling. Likewise with tuna at lunchtime and they keep me feeling full for ages.