• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ok, what does the sweet spot feel like

pickle

Doing it for my boy!
Hello, haven't posted for a while as i still seem to struggle daily with my band. But i think i am getting there slowly.

Just a question for anyone who is at their sweet spot really. What does it feel like? How do you know? Daft question perhaps but i really have been wondering if i am there yet. I have 5ml in a 7ml band and my restriction seems to change from day to day or hour to hour sometimes. I have just had 2 Ryvetas with phili and sliced tomatoes and i feel like i've had enough (not full like i used to feel but satisfied) but i know that in a couple of hours i shall feel hungry again....shouldn't a meal last me approx 4 hours? is that even too large a portion?:confused:

I try really hard to chew my food up well, and try and leave a big enough gap until the next bite....i'm still working on that!

Just wondered what you guys think?

Pickle, me and my band sound as confused as you! Hopefully eating slower and smaller bites will help, but re educating myself is taking a while!

Hope someone can help :)

Hello, haven't posted for a while as i still seem to struggle daily with my band. But i think i am getting there slowly.
Just a question for anyone who is at their sweet spot really. What does it feel like?

Erm for me it doesn't feel anything in the physically sense, but when I am eating it feels the same as it did when I had 3 mils in my band ( have 5 mil in 7 mil band)just could eat more I suppose.

How do you know?

I knew I had reached my sweet spot because I eat 3 meals a day get fuller quicker and still lose weight.

Daft question perhaps but i really have been wondering if i am there yet. I have 5ml in a 7ml band and my restriction seems to change from day to day or hour to hour sometimes.

Restriction does change, for instance my band is always tighter in the mornings and back to normal in the afternoon/evenings, or if I get pee'd off or stressed over anything it tightens too

I have just had 2 Ryvetas with phili and sliced tomatoes and i feel like i've had enough (not full like i used to feel but satisfied) but i know that in a couple of hours i shall feel hungry again....shouldn't a meal last me approx 4 hours? is that even too large a portion?:confused:

Phil in my opinion is a bit of a slider food and will make the ryvitas pass through the band quicker

I try really hard to chew my food up well, and try and leave a big enough gap until the next bite....i'm still working on that!

You will get there in the end xx

I suppose good restriction = sweet spot but during your weight loss journey you may have this but then it wains.

The more weight you lose and the more fat that goes from around your stomach the more you may need your band filled.

I have felt good restriction with nothing in my band through to now having 8.5 mils in my 9 mil band.

Ryvita with low fat phili and tomato is a good choice for lunch (sorry Julie but unless its inches thick, its the protein portion of the meal). I can eat two but if I felt hungry a couple of hours later I would probably have some fruit to see me through to the next meal. Snacking is not a good habbit to get into but a portion of fruit as a snack is much better than reaching for the crisps or chocolate.

You will be fine Pickle x

Hey, thanks for your replies. It has helped.
I think i still eat too fast so really need to learn to sloooow it down. And i sometimes choose the wrong food eg slide food. This is such a learning process!
I've just downloaded myfitness pal for my iphone so am going to track calories for a while and see how i go. If i am not at full restriction then i am pretty close so i willsee how it goes for a while

we all just have to get to know our band. i have had 2 fills and am losing very slowly now. might consider another fill before xmas. take care pickle xx

Hi Pickle, I had posted this info on another thread but thought it might help you here.
I think your sweet spot is the same as being in the green zone, which is a term used by some docs/nurses to help you or them understand if you have enough restriction.
Yellow zone: Hungry, Eating big meals, looking for food- so you need a fill.
Green Zone: Feeling full on small meals which lasts for a long time and losing weight. Just not feeling hunger at all.
Red Zone: Difficulty swallowing, reflux/heartburn, Night cough,PB-ing, eating slider foods to be able to eat anything.

Apparently, the green zone is quite psychological too. I suppose its all in your attitude as well.

So, green is good :) and red and yellow is bad :( !!

I agree with Mazza re: snacks...not good really but I sometimes need one and I eat Shape Zero yoghurts ( 90-ish calories) and they really fill me up.
Good luck xx

Back