• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone..

had any other problems since being banded?

I'm asking as I've been having a few problems in the last few months and OH mentioned something in passing which got me thinking.. As my weight has come down, my immunity is lower.. have been ill for months and even after taking vit supplements - am still feeling ill..

Some of the symptoms point to sjorgens syndrome.. and possibly minor coeliac disease.. (indigestion, bloating, vomiting, excessive wind - top and bottom end, tingling in my hands and sometimes in my feet, stomach cramps, fatigue, unexplained infertility, recurrent miscarriage, irregular heartbeat - when I eat sometimes - my heart goes wayyy too fast then slows right down within minutes then settles..)

I just wondered whether anyone else has been diagnosed with anything they didn't have prior to surgery and weight loss..

>> wanders orf to have a glass of water before going to bed..

Hello did not want to just read and run but I am only 6 weeks out so cannot help. But wanted to give you a big virtual hug xxx hope you get thing sorted soon xxx

Hello. The only thing I have had additional health wise since wls is cervical spondylitis with nerve root compression , but this aint to do with wls its prob hereditary as few ppl in the family have it. However since wls my cholesterol, bp , asthma have all gone back to normal.....so that's a def plus in my book.

Last edited:
I've recently been told that I've got carpel tunnel syndrome and a very high rheumatoid factor in my blood that needs to be investigated further. I was banded in 2007 x

Since being banded 8 weeks ago the only thing is my thigh goe numb when i stand still for more than 5-10 minutes also started getting back pains now and again

Well.. my joints hurt loads more..have had an infection lingering in my system for almost 9mths and at the minute..am anti-biotic free..lol..colds..I get and hold onto them.. infections.. same thing..

since posting - have cut out anything with gluten. I was told a while ago - before surgery - that had an intolerance to wheat, tomatoes, citrus fruits, tea, whole milk.. so had avoided them all.. am aware sometimes and intolerance can alter which is what I was wondering..

So.. on day 4 of having no gluten in my diet.. and my bloating is gone, the sickness is gone, the cramps are gone and am not belching or passing wind as much as I was.. circumstantial? maybe.. but to me its a huge sign that I may be right.

I haven't been to Dr yet as wanted to try and remove it to see if there was any changes.. plus the tests for Coeliac are a blood test.. and a stomach biopsy to check the villi in the lining.. done by endoscopy.. my concern with this - is them getting it through my band area safely to get the bit to check :(

Am planning on going to speak to Dr shortly though.. thanks for your input folks.. glad it hasn't just been me..

Back