• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has the bypass not Worked for anyone?

clar01

Hi guys

I am just about to pay an extortionate amount of money for my bypass and am having fears that it won't work!

Does anyone know of people who it hasn't worked for?

X

mayamoo

It will work if you follow the rules a.d make the necessary life style changes, its only a tool and its a tool that caN be abused Nd broken (stretched) follow dietician/surgeons advice and it will work good luck xx

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Yes, I know a lady who did very well, but has now regained a large portion of her weight and is still gaining. She hasn't worked on her emotional issues with food and knows she is spiralling out of control again. So while following the rules etc is the key to losing, working on your head is the key to maintaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

happy days

I don't think it's the case of the bypass failing. It's you failing the bypass. As previously said it's only a tool and still requires alot of commitment especially after the honeymoon period. Good luck with your journey x

stuckinafatsuit

POPPED THAT FAT SUIT!
Surgically, if its done correctly your body is then set up to lose weight. It really is then down to you, to not put crap in your mouth. It aint easy but theres no reason why you should'nt succeed.
Good luck

Kim

gdlondon

Six Month Post Op
I think the gastric bypass is the best in terms of weightloss. A side effect is malabsorption which helps a bit with the weightloss. Other positive side effect is fat intolerance. I personally have the runs if I have too much fat.

Good luck with your decision

scooter81

Walking Disaster Area
I know maybe 60 people who had a bypass and everything went fine. In hospital I met someone who had surgical complications because of how severe her health was prior. Surgery didnt go too well for her and she had severe complications and they had to reverse the surgery within 7 days of the op. I have never ever heard of that before or come across any other case where its been done. Luckily shes doing pretty well now, and is hoping to have WLS (band) just after Christmas.

mariew

Everyone I know who has had it has lost a significant amount of weight. However, I am not intolerant to either fat or sugar since mine so don't assume that you wont need will power afterwards. Good luck though.

Yvessa

I think regardless of whether you dump you have to work on the head issues while the losses are guaranteed. As I know of people who will eat rubbish despite knowing it will make them dump. The bypass doesn't make it easy it just makes it fast and for me the speed is what keeps me motivated unlike diets where I would gain and then return to my old ways.