• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has my bypass worked?

Colopatiron

I am beginning to wonder if my bypass has actually worked. I don't feel any restriction at all. Although I am still on fluids and now started on yoghurt & soup I can still manage a whole mug of tea and have managed a whole mullerlight yoghurt. Why is this? I am eating very slowly as I am supposed to do but do not get the 'full' feeling, does the 'full' feeling happen at a later stage? I thought I would get it from day one. Am I doing something wrong? I have felt fantastic since the op (8 days ago) and have healed really well. i have been so worried that didn't really have it done that I even opened the hospital letter to the doctor to make sure I had had a bypass:eek: Would really appreciate some advice,

Thanks
Sue xx

I also had the same thoughts,did they take my money & not do it,because I never had no pain,no wind pain,no nothing,I actually asked my husband,the night of the op,if I had actually had it done.
I could also eat a full muller yogurt & the smallest tin of soup,but I did struggle with a cup of smoothie,but maybe that was because,it was thicker.
You will notice the difference,when you are on the next stage.
Glad you have had a good recovery,
Tracy x

Thanks Kev, to be honest don't even feel like I had surgery. Even my scars have already 'dropped off' and are only faint lines. I even mowed the grass this morning, feeling a bit like a total fraud.

Not going to push it. I may try the alchohol tho! lol only joking. I have actually been quite a good girl and have only eaten exactly what is on my surgeons sheet (even tho I feel I may be able to go forward a bit!) The fear of being sick is enough to make me behave xx

Hi Sue ... I don't think you have anything to worry about. I felt exactly the same, never had the full feeling and at one stage really thought I hadn't had the op.

It's changed somewhat now I think I'm about 5 months out and I do get the full feeling sometimes a bit bloated.

Still early days just give yourself time and follow the plan your team have given you ... good luck

Take it from me, i eat a sandwich and don't feel a great deal. Give me half a chicken breast and whoosh it's there. More solid protein will prove to you that you have indeed been sliced n diced xx

My partner constantly asks me if I had my surgery (8 weeks and counting) I've lost 45lbs, but like a lot of you I have had almost no problems eating what I want, I just get to a point I don't want more and stop. For the first few weeks, I'd eat and my energy level would tank for an hour afterwards, but I'm being brave and trying all sorts of things I was worried I'd never have again, with no problems other than some occasional gas, but that's why god invented air fresheners :)

Has Bypass Actually Worked???

I am beginning to wonder if my bypass has actually worked. I don't feel any restriction at all. Although I am still on fluids and now started on yoghurt & soup I can still manage a whole mug of tea and have managed a whole mullerlight yoghurt. Why is this? I am eating very slowly as I am supposed to do but do not get the 'full' feeling, does the 'full' feeling happen at a later stage? I thought I would get it from day one. Am I doing something wrong? I have felt fantastic since the op (8 days ago) and have healed really well. i have been so worried that didn't really have it done that I even opened the hospital letter to the doctor to make sure I had had a bypass:eek: Would really appreciate some advice,

Thanks
Sue xx

Hi Sue,
My name is Suzanne and I had my op on the 7th April. I don't think I am in a position to offer you advice but wanted to share with you as you are not alone. I have managed to annoy every member of my family by saying exactly the same as you over and over again. Your post could have been written by me. I am now three and a half weeks post op and have never had the "Full" feeling so I have to determine when to stop eating. I too have felt fantastic but although reassured by lots of other members on forums, I am not happy with my weight loss either.
How much weight have you lost since your op.?? I am seeing my surgeon on the 19th and will have a list of questions for him.
If you are worried in any way Sue, you need to talk to your team. Good Luck
xxxxx

Whilst I was on fluids and pureed food I can't remember feeling restriction. I just didn't get that hungry feeling and stopped when I thought I'd had enough. However, as soon as I ate more solid food the restriction was there with a vengeance. If you read my diary I think I wrote about what happened about 4wks following surgery. As someone said, the soft stuff just slips through.

Back