• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has your sense of smell changed?

fayz

I'm on day 4 of the milk and yoghurt liver shrinking diet. I noticed that I could smell food from a mile off from day 2. I thought this was because I was craving it. But now I'm noticing lots of smells that I didn't used to. I'm having to empty the kitchen bin when it's half full because the smell is so strong. On the plus side I'm only using half the amount of perfume. Has anyone else had this increased sense of smell?

I'd never stopped to think about it but ever since my surgery I've become more aware of 'nasty-niffs' and am emptying my kitchen bin alot sooner - but I'd never put two and two together

You wait till post op it's almost unbearable to start with but after a while you get use to it again. I still have a much stronger sense of smell now than before the surgery. Sense of taste might be different as well. It's stronger for sure.

Wow I'd actually forgotten what food smelled and tastes like because I ate so quickly so I can't wait until I can taste things and get the full benefit of the flavour. Day 7 of milk and yoghurt today. Bypass booked for Monday.

Back