• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diet...Ketosis??

coralie

Hello All!

I am currently on day 7 of my 11 day pre-op diet.

Slimfast shakes, fruit and veg...

I was wondering if i am meant to go into ketosis when on this diet, to help with Liver shrinkage?
I have ketosticks from previous diet attempts and i'm not in ketosis.

I lost 6lbs after 2 days into the diet and since then the scales have not moved...a little frustrating, as i starving marving and craving everything and anything!

I'm a little parnoid that my liver is not shrinking??...Not that i would know!

Thanks for your help! :)

Don't worry about ketosis. If you are losing weight, that's fine. Ketosis only occurs in the absence of sugar and lactose (milk sugar) might just be enough to prevent ketosis. Personally, I don't go into ketosis, even on Atkins! Fingers crossed that the scales move down again. Zxx

I'm sure if you're sticking to the diet and losing weight (not that that's the main thing) then I'm sure your liver is shrinking. Just stick to the diet and avoid alcohol! x x

Thankyou!

I'm a slave to the scale and tend to hop on every morning... just want to see the numbers change- especially with the liquid regime!!

:)

hi coralie, how have you found your pre op diet im starting mine in a few weeks which of the slimfasts would you say taste the best? xxheather

Another 1lb down this morning! Whoop Whoop!!

Hi Heather, I think the chocolate flavour is the best. I buy the premade drinks in the bottles, as appose to the powder..they taste better and very convienient!
I had hungry tummy rumbling for the first couple of days, but it does subside. I have been dreaming of food quite alot and craving too!
I feel ready for the band now too. Being on the strict pre-op diet has definitely got me into the right mind set for the post op diet.

Good Luck, let me know how you get on!

Coralie :)

Back