• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have I lost enough ?

Karen19745

I'm worried I haven't lost enough and I have my pre-op appt on Tuesday. I have been dieting and been so good but it just doesn't seem to be coming off.

When I had my seminar I weighed 18st 8lb, then when I saw the nurse and dietician I weighed 19st 5lb. I was told to lose 11lb which was what I had gained to take me back to 18st 8lb.

When I was put on the list I weighed 17st 10lb, 12lb more than I needed to lose.

But since I was put on the list in November I have crept up to 18st 4lb. I have been dieting and have got to 18st exactly but I am worried that I won't get back down to the 17st 10lb.

Do you think it matters as I am still less than the 18st 8lb that they wanted me to be or will my surgery be cancelled if I am heavier than I was when I got put on the list?

I'm really scared because I am at Sunderland and they are really strict.

I'm so pi**ed off because I have been really good I am using the plates that the kids eat off so I am having smaller portions. I haven't had any chocolate, sweets, cakes, icecream, biscuits, crisps etc for weeks and I just can't seem to shift these few pounds.

I have been doing the low carb high protein diet the dietician sent for reducingmy liver for the last week to see if that will work but I've only lost 2lb.

Any advise on what to do would be appreciated:(

Hi they are strict at SHR but as long as you have lost the 11lb that they told you to lose you should be ok. when i went for my pre ass i had put on 2kg but i was still under the 5kg they had told me to lose. fingers crossed for you. xx ps you could always try the milk diet that may help move a few lbs.

Hi karen, please dnt worry too much just keep mto what ur doing, weight doesnt always come off at once , you may seem not to have lost then you will get on the scales afew days later and found you have lost more than you thought dont loose heart! you are nearly there dont give up. its the last hurdle it always eems very hard. I will see you when im coming out on the 19th weve made a date !! :D

Thanks, I'm feeling a bit better, I just want to get Tuesday out of the way and then I can settle and get my mind in gear for the op.

good luck and all the best, im sure you will be ok if you have lost the 11lb they have told you to lose, try not to worry just keep doing what you are doing :) x

hi karen,i had my bypass 3 weeks this sunday at srh,my story is a bit like yours,was weighed at seminar 160k,at my weight loss meeting was 161k,was told 2 lose 5k but lost 8k so but on list.i was then left over xmas with no word from hospital and i did gain weight.then in march out of the blue phone rang and they said they wanted 2 do my bypass in 21 days i agreed but then panicked when i got weighed as was up 2 162k,all back on but i stuck 2 it 4 the next 15 days and did the liver shrinkage diet np.i went 4 my pre opp 1 week b4 opp and was deverstated that i still weighed 158k,i thought thats it there going 2 cancle me but after the nurse doing my pre opp spoke 2 the consultent he agreeded 2 still do it as long as i did not gain that week,my consultent was mr balupuri not mr small and i was told he is very understanding,i nearly cancled my pre opp assesment but am plz i did,nt gl with yours

Back