• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi. My names Joanna

triangle

Hello everyone,
I'm Joanna a 34yrs single mum who loves her food too much, I have PCOS and high blood pressure.
I'm booked in to have my gastric band fitted Sunday 7th October 2012, I had my first meeting with my consultant Friday 7th September 2012 and weighed in at (18st 2lb) 254lbs. I then went on a two week binge before i started my pre-op diet after which i weighed (18st 10lb) 262lbs. Pre-op diet started Saturday 22nd September 2012 and i weigh (17st 10lb) 248lbs have lost (1st) 14lbs in 6 days. Really hate the pre-op diet and keep dreaming about what im gong to eat the first day after the 2 week liquid only after op diet, im going to have weetabix for breakfast and then cottage pie for dinner, (mouth is watering just thinking about it :)

Hi Joanna
Good luck with everything and try not to torture yourself too much with thoughts of after op and what you can eat xx you seem to be doing really well with pre op but don't spoil it by having something you shouldn't you'll only worry the liver hasn't shrunk etc :) take care and i look forward to seeing your up dates x

Hi Joanne well done n your weight loss so far on the pre-op, I was like you panic eating the couple of weeks before lol. I got banded yesterday afternoon and other than some wind pain don't feel too bad this morning x

Hi Joanna welcome

Hi Joanna and welcome.
It is very tedious on the liquid only but we must do as they say to heal properly after the op!! Just think how much you will enjoy food when you get to that stage!
Who are you having your band fitted with? I had 3ml put in at time of surgery and just had my first fill of 1.5ml. I could feel some restriction with the initial fill and definately got restriction now! I hated the shakes on the liquid stage, and here I am again after my fill!!!
Good luck on your weight loss journey
xx

Back