• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have my date, counting down

dabbott

I have a date for my sleeve op and I am booked in at Turnov arriving on the 5th May. I am obviously nervous, but really excited as well. I am starting pre op on the coming weekend at the moment i am on a moderate farewell tour like Sunday lunch today with the family, nothing mega. Next weekend I start my pre op, I thought I would go for slim fast which I can do ok. Any suggestions on post op diet as I want to make sure I have a good ready supply. I have also been looking at floradix vitamins for when I get back.

Deb :)

Hi Deb, congrats on getting your date :) I look forward to hearing about your pre-op diet - I am a little anxious about this!

Hi Deb, congrats on getting your date :) I look forward to hearing about your pre-op diet - I am a little anxious about this!

I'm looking forward to it, I think because it means I'm on me way ......maybe after a week of slim fast it will be wearing thin but I just have to think long term xx when is your date?

It's on the 24th May :) I'm really impatient, I just want to get it over and done with now lol :) x

Each hospital/provider is different and they should give you post-op diet guidelines which would help you to shop beforehand. If they haven't given this to you already then ask for it ;) x x

Good luck with the pre op. It's not so hard when you know the timescales involved and that it's not forever!

Post op, each provider recommends different timescales but it usually follows a similar pattern..........clear liquids first off, the liquids, then puree and onto soft food to start the journey back to solids.

General rules of thumb when back to food are protein first and then lesser amounts of carbs, fruit, veg with supplements to make up for the shortfall in vitamins and minerals. Low fat, low sugar are obvious I would have thought and it's very best if you can make your own bits substituting sweetner for sugar etc and using very little added fat. My dietician stresses less about fat than sugar to be honest!

Milky drinks (skimmed or semi skimmed) are very useful to up your protein intake..........some people use protein powders etc but personally I haven't to date. I do intend to buy some protein bars very soon though as they come in choccy flavours so will be a double goody in moderation. lol

Any nitty gritty about the sleeve op you want to know? fire away, not shy on forums. xxx

Well i have been out for a meal with the family tonight and now i am just finishing some treacle toffee, and tomorrow will be my d day. I am going to weigh myself in the morning and take some before pictures. I am really excited about it and looking forward to all of it, did i read somewhere Jojotgirl that you are now off bread and chocolate and no longer like the thought of them? That would be brilliant for me as they are seriously my downfall, i love bread, cakes and chocs but would be happy to loose the desire for them.

Well i have been out for a meal with the family tonight and now i am just finishing some treacle toffee, and tomorrow will be my d day. I am going to weigh myself in the morning and take some before pictures. I am really excited about it and looking forward to all of it, did i read somewhere Jojotgirl that you are now off bread and chocolate and no longer like the thought of them? That would be brilliant for me as they are seriously my downfall, i love bread, cakes and chocs but would be happy to loose the desire for them.[/QUOTE

You're probably thinking about Yvessa, think she said that, although I too am completely off bread and not missing it a bit! I tried some once - just a mouth full and it felt like I'd eaten a boulder so decided to steer well clear! lol
Choccy wise, I am having nibbles off others every now and then.....a teeny bite off a twirl or that sort of thing. I am also still getting through the first half of an Easter egg I was given (snapped it up into a tupperware box in the fridge and having a little 2p sized bits every few days) I gave the cream eggs that came with it away. This is absolutely amazing as pre surgery, I would genuinely have had no issue with snaffling down a whole egg and the 2 x cream eggs that came with it in one sitting and then sniffing around for more! It's all good, it really is! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ha ha, that's me too, I love cream eggs, chocolate, bread, but I am on day 2 and feel I'm doing ok. Day 1 I had 4 slim fast shakes and a yogurt. Today I had a yoghurt 2 shakes and half a can of beans with mini sausages, not real ones, the hot dog type, not very adventurous I know but I want to get out of the habit of thinking about food all of the time so simple is working at the moment. Further down the line, post op i will be a little more inventive. I have also had black tea (which is what I drink anyway) in my huge Disney land cup, it holds a pint so drinking 3 cups a day makes sure I get enough fluids in as that has always been a difficulty for me. I hope I get used to the higher water intake, but I suppose the exercise to and from the bathroom might help lol.

well today is day 4 pre op and im sticking to it like a good un. I am slimfast, yoghurt and tea for breakfast, then my mega disney mug of tea when i get to work, then slimfast and another large black tea at lunch, a small (normal sized really) tea when i get home followed by half a can of beans and 3 scrambled eggs for tea then thats me done for the day..Its not too bad, i've only paced like a caged animal looking for food a couple of times, realised and then went off to occupy myself with something. Its working and im counting down. :) xx

Well done with the pre-op diet you sound like you are coping well with it. I'm counting down the days till I start my week's milk diet. Can't wait to get this over and done with and start loosing weight. This week I've managed to incur an injury to my knee and I feel like a really old lady hobbling around.. I just know if I wasn't overweight this would not hurt quite so much.

Thanks triedeverything, not good about the knee:-( Hope it's feeling better soon.
Well I think I'm day 6 now and I had a right concoction for tea, still sticking with slim fast and a yoghurt but instead of beans I had some spicy cous cous with 2 slices of wafer thin ham and some cottage cheese. It was a really small - half a packet as I'd already had the 1st half yesterday but I liked it, then a couple of hours later I had scrambled eggs. I guess I'm going to have to start thinking about packing soon and what I'm going to take with me
This week I have been avoiding things, like filling the car at the usual petrol station as I'm used to also getting a family size bag of revels and chomping my way through them on the way to work. Going to another garage helps as I don't associate it the same. I have changed a few routines and its helping with kicking those bad habits :)

Back