• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Haven't lost ANYTHING in 2 weeks!

MissCurves

I am 6 weeks out...

In the beginning I was losing about a pound a day. BUT I thought I had a stricture and had a very hard time getting food down.. and keeping it down. At my 1 month exam the nutritionist was VERY worried, saying I wasn't getting anywhere near the 75g a day of protein I am supposed to be getting. So she told me to drink diabetic meal replacements when I wasn't able to eat. I was never told how many calories I should be eating a day.

2 weeks later, I am sure it wasn't a stricture, I was over eating/drinking which was making me sick, in combination of some inflammation from the surgery.

I am now eating alot better, I no longer over eat, and I am able to eat things I wasn't before like eggs, and cheese and chicken. BUT it seems in trying to get in 75g of protein a day, I am MAXING out in my calories. I am not adding extra fat to anything. BUT cheese is fattening. I have not lost ANYTHING in 2 weeks. This just seems a little to early to plateau....

I need to start excising..

Last edited:
Have you calculated how many calories you are actually consuming? To be honest I doubt very much that you are maxing out your calories at 6 weeks out. ANYTHING is fattening if you eat too much of it, there is nothing inherently wrong with cheese. I'm sure it really is just a stall, which when you read around the forum, you'll see is really common in the early weeks post op.

Hi hun I wouldnt worry too much u are still early days. I have read on other posts that it is prob water retention it will soon kick in or out as the case may be :)

Hello I'm 5 weeks post op and stalled week 2.5-4! Strange but common. Lost 3 kgs straightaway after that and losing approx 2 kgs a week xxx

I has my op about 15 weeks ago and have stalled 3 times. Honestly, don't worry about it and don't get too stressed about calorie etc counting.

As long as you remember protein first, veg second, carbs last you'll be fine xx

Back