• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a gastric brpass at york hospital???

Hi there

I had my endoscopy in Jan 22nd 09....then I waited 4 weeks for results of biopsy my GP got a letter 17th Feb 09 to say all tests were fine and they asked her if I was agreement in going on the list ....she had been away and when I went in for routine check up on first week of March she said she would send letter back saying put me on the list...I was called last Thursday to say I was top of list and my date was 30th April have to go in day before....oh one word of warning they dont like relatives or family visit on that ward during that day so be prepared that you will be on your own that day/night...only special circumstances they will agree they can stay a little while....

I am excited...bit scared

are you having key hole or open surgery

Mines open as I have a wopper of a hernia to sort and a gall bladder full of stones to remove then gastric bypass....

I hope you get a date soon

This site has been brilliant for information and the ones who have had the ops are so fantastic and supportive...I feel much better after reading about them and their experiences

Take care

Good luck...only seems to be us at york me you and Daniel

NEVER??? no 1 while you have it done??? well thats it i will be sobbing like a baby im scared to death of having the opp in the first place!
And im not sure but as far as im aware im already on the list just waiting on the tests to be finished and come back. I just have the glucose tollerence test left to have and thats on the 26th may so im hoping i get my opp july august time. And i arnt going to my doctors for the results after i have my last test done an appointment will be made to see Giles and aslong as everything is ok we will go from there or thats what iv been told will happen.

And the endosscapy was a nightmare i got a real bad head, pulled muscles behind my eyes and bloodspots all around my eyes its was awfull!! I think im having keyhole surgery hun aslong as theres nothing in the tests that may cause problems.

I cant wait till i am where you are now but am a bit scared about nobody being able to come and wait for me to come round.

And i know what u mean iv been on lots of different sites and i havnt found any1 else having it done at york to. Iv even asked any1 on facebook if they know of any1 from the group and they dont ether although i have made some real good friends on there! if you are on face book look me up im Toni Louise Haynes and add me and il put u onto the groups xXx

thanks

My letter says that no relitives or friends can stay on the ward as the ward can not accommodate visitors .....now does that mean no husbands....I will ask on 22/04/09 at my pre op visit and then let you know...Thats what scared me I wanted my hubby to be there when I went down but as I am going in day before its gonna be hard...it takes hour and half to get from skipton to hospital ...so perhaps he will have to set off once I go down to surgery.....

just getting new pj's today....case out...like having a baby planning what to add to the bag....

I go on the diet on 16th....York are better than some hospitals they give you choice 1000 cals diet......you can either weigh all your foods and follow their menus or simple one is 4 slim fast per day ...soup/shakes etc....I am doing the slim fast one plenty of tea andcoffee[dont drink those so fruit tea for me]

So its my wedding ann on 18th April and Birthday 40th on 20th April having to bring all the celebrations forward.....

Good time to make a new change to my life 18 years married and 40 years old...

Great talking to you

I dont have facebook but daughter is going to help me set it up....so will get back to you with that...

Keep being happy, positive and strong.....

juni:p

Back