• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what things to take into hospital

mammyjuls

Ok I am having gastric bypass in June 2016 and was wanting ting to know if any one can give me a list of things that need to take to hospital thanks

I am going to sunderland hospital

I was only in over night with a gastric band , but I never used the items I took with me as all I did was sleep , wee, try to get comfy etc .. I took a book , iPad and phone and only used my phone twice ..
Take slippers as they like you to walk to theatre , a comfy nightie , nothing clingy , toiletries , something loose to wear home and a cushion for the car to put between the seatbelt and your tummy ..
Most important , Windeze soluble ..

Hi, I was bypassed 8 months ago, best thing I ever did. I took the usual toiletries, loose pjs, Vaseline for lips, hair bobble, baby wipes, slippers, comfy trousers for travelling home, cushion to hold on stomach for travelling home too. I took a book which I didn't read and phone and phone charger. I was given peppermint tea which helped with wind pain afterward but try to get up and walk about ASAP to help move that wind. Good luck, you'll do great!

Magazines for reading a bit if you fancy it plus you'll be popular if you leave them behind when you go home :) there was a lot of magazine swapping going on in my ward :D
The other slightly random thing I did was get really nice insoles for my slippers. I'd had surgery a couple of months before WLS and needed to walk around a lot after to ease the pain. My slippers weren't comfortable and made my feet burn. I got some gel insoles from Amazon and it did make a difference :)

Back