• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Heartburn all of a sudden scared to death

Daisy85

I all
I havnt been on in a few years.
Everything has been going smooth but having twin toddlers I started picking at there left overs.
Joined slimming world and lost 23lb and loving it.

Here is my problem.

All of a sudden I had terrible heart burn one night.
The next day it was still there I had a small bowl of tuna pasta and a yogurt.
Then later that a evening a different yogurt witch set my heart burn off terrible.
Suffered all the next night.
And struggled on fluids the second day.
Iv managed milky hot choc.
Tried smash potato and no joy.

I just need reassurance that it's just heart burn and it hasn't slipped ?

Please be kind xxx

Hello Daisy, welcome back
sorry to read your poorly I wish I could help but I cant im sure someone will swing by very soon

Hi Daisy
Heartburn can be a sign of and problems it shouldn't be ignored u need to get a barium X-ray to see if all is ok I've had loads of problems a pouch a slip and now oesophagi dilation and each one has been accompanied by heartburn could simply be too tight but please go and get checked out and asap as the quicker any problem is detected the easier it can be fixed good luck x

Hi Daisy Heartburn can be a sign of and problems it shouldn't be ignored u need to get a barium X-ray to see if all is ok I've had loads of problems a pouch a slip and now oesophagi dilation and each one has been accompanied by heartburn could simply be too tight but please go and get checked out and asap as the quicker any problem is detected the easier it can be fixed good luck x

Omg ok. So do I make a appointment with the nurse or the actual doctor? Nurse is £60 the doctor is £200 It eased a hell of a lot last night and today. Do you think I should give it one more day? I was drinking vodka with flat lemonade the night before this started so I'm wondering if I have flared it up. It's so annoying because I'm enjoying doing slimming world and cooking and eating healthy x

Ps I'm took milk stuff for heartburn and drank a bottle of water so far x

Update:
Spoke to the nurse on the phone she said as its getting slightly better she thinks Iv just aggravated it which has caused the heartburn.
She said as long as I can get fluids down then see how I get on over the weekend xxx

If this does not settle or comes back please seek a more in depth investigation

I am in hospital right now recovering from band removal due to a slip and have narcrotic tissue issues. If I had left it a day later I was at risk of losing huge parts of my stomach and I'm not out of the woods yet

I really don't mean to scare you. But please take advice sooner rather than later love. I hope it's just heartburn xxxx

My private provider always made out heartburn was acceptable just a band issue but my nhs team said it is often the sign of a problem where I am in the Manchester area you can get a barium X-ray including any adjustment got £159
Let us know x

I also had a slipped band. Keep in touch with your team, I would advise you to stay on liquids/ super softs (especially avoiding alcohol/acidic/high fat) for a few days if you have aggravated it to give it time to settle Down and hopefully it will just be a little blip xx

Hi all thank you for taking the time to give me advice.
I stayed on liquids for a day or two and took milk of magnesium and it went away. It's still slightly tight but I'm sure it will drop off once it's settled completely xxxx

Back