• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello all. anyone had surgery with st georges?

LozzaQ

Hiya I am under east surrey but seeing mr monkhouse under st georges as east surrey hosp doesn't do wls.

I recently met him and he said he would put my case forward..... he did and ive just recenty got a bariatric appointment on wed then dietician in oct and psychologist in jan,
He said from then it could take 2 years for surgery!
My bmi is 51.

Has anyone else had the same sort of process at stgeorges?

thanks

Hi and welcome

Sorry I can’t help I’m up North but may be someone on this forum. X

Welcome, I can’t help with St Georges either but didn’t want to read and run,the nhs route is slow but it’s a great opportunity to research everything involved so you know and understand exactly what your undertaking and what is expected of you, my opinion is that you can never have too much information
Good luck and try to keep in touch xx

Didn’t want to read & not reply. Can’t help with areas process but good luck. Research research research is the key!

Hi and welcome, sorry I don't know anything about the process at St. George's, but I hope you find someone on here that can help you. Maybe try searching the forum for St. George's and see if there is any info xx

I am under St George’s and have just started the LRD day 3. The whole process started about two years ago. I saw the doctor about 14 months ago and was told when you are placed on the list it will be about a years wait. It was just over that time for me then I had a call to attend the pre-op assessment and I now have a date..... 3rd September so not long to wait now. It is a lengthy process at St George’s but that maybe the same elsewhere.

Very soon, good luck xx

Back