• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello all

tommyboy

Hi all

I've just joined and wanted to say hello and introduce myself to you all.

I'm 60 something man from Essex who has been dieting for as long as I can remember and probably like most people have had limited success only to see it all go back on.

I am now seriously considering surgery (gastric band). My daughter had this done about 15 months ago with some good results once she was able to adjust, she is now pregnant but still has the right mindset.

My biggest concern, and I know you will all think I'm a big wimp, is that I have a sickness phobia (since childhood) and in most of my research I read that most people suffer to some degree with vomitting and it is this that really bothers me. Just the thought of being sick makes me shudder.

Is there anyone, who has had the op, and not suffered with vomitting because just to hear this would reassure me.

I know that I need to lose weight (4-5 stones) and I do want to enjoy a healthy retirement, which is fast approaching, so any words of encouragement to help me overcome this needless fear will be greatly appreciated.

tommyboy

Hi not everyone does experience the sickness. I am still waiting for funding for a bypass and I too hate the thought of being sick but I am determined to do this as I have exhausted all other avenues. Good luck with your journey and congratulations to your daughter on her pregnancy.

Hey Tommyboy,

Unfortunately, i am Pre-Op.. So i cant help but im sure someone wise, will be along to help you soon.. x

Hi TommyBoy,

I am also in my 60s and had my bypass last November. I have not as yet been sick but have had the feeling that I have eaten too much and had the feeling that I might be sick. That only lasted for about 15 minutes though.

Just think how sick you are going to feel in a few years if you DON'T have the op. Doesn't bare thinking about.

Good luck with your journey and keep us informed.

John

Back