• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello :-)

MizzPC

Hello everyone

Thought it was about time to stop stalking and say hello. I'm flying over from Belfast to Dolan Park on the 3rd May for gastric band surgery.

I've been overweight most of my adult life, I have tried every diet successfully loosing weight but always regaining. My fiancé proposed in Dubai last August so I would love to get this weight off and start planning my wedding. My fiancé and my family are so supportive of my decision to have the surgery. I am meeting my surgeon in Belfast on Tuesday so I am compiling my list of questions. My sister who is accompanying me to Birmingham has a longer list of questions lol.

So no doubt I'll be around for a while.

PC x

Welcome and good luck with your appointments/op x

Welcome :) I have been overweight all of my adult life too, so totally hear you on that one! I've had my band now for 7 1/2 months and I've lost just over 8 stone! It is a wonderful tool, if you work with it and the guidelines that you are given. It isn't always easy, in fact it can be incredibly hard, but with will power, determination and working with it, it can change your life dramatically. I am now at a weight I havent' been since I was 18 and can't believe I've wasted the past 22 years going up and down so much with the weight, losing up to 5-6 stones, but gaining it and some. It took me 7+ years to look into the band and then find a provider I was happy with, I have used a different one than you have for personal reasons, but I wish you well :)

Welcome to the forum :) Good luck :)

Welcome to the forum and best of luck. I had my op at Dolan park in July 2011, with a different surgeon to you and have not looked back ... 150 pounds gone :) great idea to have all your questions written down!

Hello everyone

Thought it was about time to stop stalking and say hello. I'm flying over from Belfast to Dolan Park on the 3rd May for gastric band surgery.

I've been overweight most of my adult life, I have tried every diet successfully loosing weight but always regaining. My fiancé proposed in Dubai last August so I would love to get this weight off and start planning my wedding. My fiancé and my family are so supportive of my decision to have the surgery. I am meeting my surgeon in Belfast on Tuesday so I am compiling my list of questions. My sister who is accompanying me to Birmingham has a longer list of questions lol.

So no doubt I'll be around for a while.

PC x

Hi PC

I'm new too and booked at Dolan Park for gastric band surgery on Tuesday 23rd April my mum is coming with me to Birmingham. As I'm about a week before you I will keep you uptodate on my journey!?

Good luck with the pre op diet ?
Lisa xx

Thank you all for being so welcoming.

Top kat and flutterby if I'm as successful as you two I'll be a lucky girl.

Lisadee that would be great, good luck and keep in touch.

PC

Back