• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello All

Damienw1

Hi All,

Thought I'd say Hi as I get to know my way around this place.
So I'm having a band on the 15th just started the milk diet and feeling nervous but excited at the same time if that makes any sense.

Thanks
Damien

Hi All,

Thought I'd say Hi as I get to know my way around this place.
So I'm having a band on the 15th just started the milk diet and feeling nervous but excited at the same time if that makes any sense.

Thanks
Damien
Welcome and good luck I would say it's normal to feel nervous but let the excitement of a new you keep you going. Good luck x

Hello and very warm welcomes to you

Hello and welcome :)

Welcome Damien. Do feel free to ask anything. Good luck with the milk diet. I was dreading it but it wasn't too bad.

Thanks Guys,

Second day of the milk diet and starting to struggle a bit. Feeling a bit weak and a little nauseous but I guess thats normal is it?

Thank you did you guys carry on with exercise during your diet? I don't feel the energy at the moment

Welcome Damien !
I'm. Fellow banner since April 16 and still learning each and every day.
Didn't do the milk diet so won't be able to help with that but any liver shrink diet is going to make you feel like crap for the first week and you'll feel like you cannot do it .. but after the 4th day you will begin to feel better , I swear ..
your body is going through a major rehab and cold turkey , getting rid of ketones from your liver that store the sugars etc .. your brain is going to do anything it can to make you fail .. just like any drug carbs etc are extremely addictive and this is a reboot for your liver ..
it's not something they ask you to do just to see if you can lose weight or not , it's essential for safety during the op .. if your liver is still large and bloated it will be in the way and will cover where the surgeon needs to be ..
keep focused and take it hour by hour and nap if you can as I found that helped ..
Mindy

Ok thanks both of you Im hoping that this feeling will pass it seems that the 4th day is the day i will start to feel better.
Still have to look forward to my surgery and hopefully a new life ahead
Think I will give the gym a miss prior to surgery as I really dont think I could do it at the moment

You both have some major weight loss well done.:)

Mindy how do you find life with a band? its working for you by the look of your results!!

Last edited:
Hi, welcome and good luck.
I'm 4 days into the milk diet and feel ok. Although I realised I'd had 2 bowls of soup for the first 3 days when the plan says 1!!!

Ok thanks both of you Im hoping that this feeling will pass it seems that the 4th day is the day i will start to feel better.
Still have to look forward to my surgery and hopefully a new life ahead
Think I will give the gym a miss prior to surgery as I really dont think I could do it at the moment

You both have some major weight loss well done.:)

Mindy how do you find life with a band? its working for you by the look of your results!!

Hi
It takes a lot of adjusting to and it needed respect .. and it's life changing .. personally I love my band .. I work hard with it ..
What you have to realise is that your diet cannot be the same as it was before the op ... it will not stop you from putting junk food in your mouth .. you have to choose a healthy diet plan to work along side it ..
For me , I choose to do without carbs , chocolate , sweets , crisps , occasional bread and potatoes ..
Your foods , after you've mended , must be dry and crunchy if you can .. that's a hard call for me as I love stews and soups etc but counteract those with dry crackers ..
Head hunger is thee biggest issue for all of us think .. boredom eating , cravings etc , that's very hard to cope with and youlll have to learn what your own coping mechanism will be ..
Its not easy . It's a battle of wills between your head and your band .
Your head has totally got to be in this , because like I said the band will not and cannot stop you from eating food .
It's taken me April till September to find the sweet spot with my fills and now I can feel when I need to stop eating ..
Please ask any questions , don't be worried by anything as we have all walked the very same path ..
Mindy
X

Thank You Mindy,

You sound like you have done really really well. I realise I have to work with it but I think that's part of what makes me want it if that makes any sense I could of had the bypass but I felt that was just too invasive for me and God forbid the band doesn't work That could always be an option in the future although I plan never to need it.

It was explained to me very well that the band won't stop me eating and I know that there are things I will need to change but that's all part of the journey.

Having a place like this is great I didn't know it existed until today.

How did you find the band fills and how often did you have them if you don't mind me asking? x

Before my band I was the biggest failure at dieting .. to lazy , to greedy , pretended I didn't care etc etc ..
it's hard to explain , but when I woke up from the op , something in me changed .. it was like taking that last breath before sleep , that relaxed stage , that realisation also that I had put myself on an operation table because of food .. it was a real awakening for me . Realising that I could no longer have the foods I so loved and craved didn't bother me as such .. I suppose I love the control the band gives me now and I totally rely on it ..
if you had told me before April that I would be able to go into a coffee shop , look at the cakes and not crave one , I would have laughed at you . But that's exactly how it is now .. those cakes look wonderful but I no longer want one . If hubby has one I may take a small taste but it's enough .. I find it mostly over sweet and sickly now lol ! Me , who would have eaten his cake , and another 2 slices if I could before !
Read everything you can get your eyes on , good and bad .. I tend to mention carb addiction a lot on here so don't under estimate it .. it's a silent destructive force ..
Xxxx

Back