• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band Walsall

clairabelle83

Hi all, so glad to find this forum, makes great reading! I started my diet on 24th April and have my op booked for 22nd May at Walsall Manor. Really struggling with the diet at the moment, feeling like i'm going to be eating the same things everyday for 4weeks! Any tips anyone?
Feeling nervous and excited, just want to start my new healthy life! :) xx

you likely will be eating the same stuff, but this pre-op diet is important. I would think the motivation of It needing to work should be enough to stick to it, because the chance of surgery not proceeding if you don't is quite high. Also if you're struggling at this point then it doesn't bode well for when you do have your band because eating and what you eat will need careful consideration, control and limits!

Hi clairabella!! Ooh you're going through Walsall too!! It's nice to 'meet' someone going through the same hospital!

In regards to your diet yeah as topkat says its a case of sticking with it I think it IS worth it!

I have had my first appointment and am due for 2nd one on the 17th. How quickly from your first appointment were you given a surgery date hun?
Good luck anyway! Keep us posted! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It is tough and it does get boring but it has to be done if you want the surgery! You need to try and view it as a means to an end and four weeks is a short price to pay to get to surgery. Which diet are you doing? If it is a low cal/low carb one just make sure you don't eat the same foods/meals day after day, make it varied. I did at points and it made me nauseous when I came to eat the same meal on day four! Good luck :) x x

Back