• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello All

Thank you did you guys carry on with exercise during your diet? I don't feel the energy at the moment
The second day was my worst but it does get better. I was diabetic so I stopped my twice weekly swimming whilst on LRD so my blood sugars didn't fluctuate too much. Certainly didn't feel like exercising. I suppose it depends on what exercise you do

Hi Damien and welcome!

One thing you will notice very quickly is that every centre has their own way of doing things and give different advice - it is important to follow what your team have told you, but this forum will also give you lots of background information to use alongside that

As the others have said, the first few days of the diet are the worst, I wouldn't go to the gym - you need your strength for the op!

Good luck!

The second day was my worst but it does get better. I was diabetic so I stopped my twice weekly swimming whilst on LRD so my blood sugars didn't fluctuate too much. Certainly didn't feel like exercising. I suppose it depends on what exercise you do

Hi Damien and welcome!

One thing you will notice very quickly is that every centre has their own way of doing things and give different advice - it is important to follow what your team have told you, but this forum will also give you lots of background information to use alongside that

As the others have said, the first few days of the diet are the worst, I wouldn't go to the gym - you need your strength for the op!

Good luck!

Thank you both very much for the advice will definitely be giving the gym a miss for now. Does anyone know what the policy is with exercise after the op I ask as I can freeze my gym membership for a month at a time but it goes from the first of each month so it would be for December with an op date of the 15th of November I'm not sure weather to do it or not usually do all sorts but especially swimming

Thank you both very much for the advice will definitely be giving the gym a miss for now. Does anyone know what the policy is with exercise after the op I ask as I can freeze my gym membership for a month at a time but it goes from the first of each month so it would be for December with an op date of the 15th of November I'm not sure weather to do it or not usually do all sorts but especially swimming
I was told no exercise other than walking for 6 weeks. I went back to the pool at week 7 and other than some muscle wastage in my arms making it hard work, it was fine

You also won't be able to swim until wounds fully healed and that can take 4-6 weeks

@SAM55 is spot on - I was told 6 weeks as long as wounds are healed. However for the gym etc you need to take it easy - still lots of healing going on internally!

Hello and welcome.

I'm six weeks post op now and have just been allowed to go back swimming. It's something I love doing, so it was a good moment getting back in the pool.

Hope you're feeling better now.

I'm hoping I can go in the pool but not swim after 5 weeks as we are going on a weekend break and the kids will be in the pool. I won't be swimming just being in there really, but will sit out if I have to.

As my fellow losers have said . Take it easy .. Your new band is stitched into place , not as drastic as other surgeries but you still have to be careful ..
if your paying privately then you must do exactly as your team says , before m during and after the op as any deviation may lead to them cancelling your support . If they can save money then they will ..
I'm to lazy to excersise lol ! Plus my knees are stupidly painful most days but I swam in holiday and think I may just go start swimming a couple times a week
Xx

How you getting on Damien ?
Feeling a little better now the first four days have passed ?

How you getting on Damien ?
Feeling a little better now the first four days have passed ?

Hi Mindy,

Thank you for asking I'm feeling a bit better thanks although not at work as it's the weekend no been lazy to be honest.
Still feeling a bit lightheaded and nauseous but not as bad as I was so I assume I'm either getting used to it or its going to get worse still at least there's only a week and a day until it's over so I'm hoping I will be OK

@Damienw1 the nurses at the hospital all said to wait six weeks before exercising but as I was going back to work after two weeks (only had a week off with my band) I asked the surgeon. He told me to start off walking, little and often and that I would be ok to start seeing my personal trainer again by the 4th week.

Personally, with a band, I think six weeks is a long time not to be exercising, when you could be really benefiting from it. I would ask your team to be sure though :D

Back