• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back from first fill

Hi all,

I had my first fill today at Dolan Park and I was very pleased with how it all went. Got to reception and they sent me downstairs where I went straight into the treatment room. Nurse asked me how I was getting on, types of food I was eating and explained what would happen. She said I might have to lift my legs up depending on how easy my port was to get too! I lay down and she asked if I thought I knew where my port was. I pointed and she felt and agreed it was there. Bit of a wipe, sharp scratch, funny feeling for a second or 2 and it was all over! Mine must have been an easy port!!!!! Had a glass of water and was fine so on my way. All over in 20 minutes! My band was put in with 4ml in and she added an extra mil. Liquid for today, softs tomorrow then normal food Friday. Job well done!

I know THG have had some bad reports but so far for me they have been spot on.

Is it me or has the forum been down today?

its been down for me to ,still seems quiet , must feel good knowing youve had that fill,good luck ,guess it really starts now for you x x

I was quite surprised how easy it was Karen. Got 5ml in total so not sure if I will feel anything, got a dietician appointment and second fill booked for mid July. Hopefully you mean weight down and not mood!

The Chopster said:
I was quite surprised how easy it was Karen. Got 5ml in total so not sure if I will feel anything, got a dietician appointment and second fill booked for mid July. Hopefully you mean weight down and not mood!

Lol - just realised what I put about being down! Half wit I am. I was almost getting withdrawal symptoms as I like to pop in now and again on my phone

hi chops! had 0.5ml in my band (test mls) and she took that out and put in 4.5ml (had first fill today as well in london)

port was ok to find...but she pressed LOADS and was painful to the point i didnt feel the needle going in as was so much in pain from her prodding my site area!

The Chopster said:
Hi all,

I had my first fill today at Dolan Park and I was very pleased with how it all went. Got to reception and they sent me downstairs where I went straight into the treatment room. Nurse asked me how I was getting on, types of food I was eating and explained what would happen. She said I might have to lift my legs up depending on how easy my port was to get too! I lay down and she asked if I thought I knew where my port was. I pointed and she felt and agreed it was there. Bit of a wipe, sharp scratch, funny feeling for a second or 2 and it was all over! Mine must have been an easy port!!!!! Had a glass of water and was fine so on my way. All over in 20 minutes! My band was put in with 4ml in and she added an extra mil. Liquid for today, softs tomorrow then normal food Friday. Job well done!

I know THG have had some bad reports but so far for me they have been spot on.

Is it me or has the forum been down today?

Hi I had my lapband at Dolan park I had my first fill today but had to go to bmi at droitwitch because I needed a xray fill how are finding it

nope its always her....mean but nice-ish...!

Im glad your went well...hopefully my 2nd one will be better!
I now have 5mls, and i think ive got some restriction but wont know for sure for a few more days.
Ive done 3 days liquid, 3 mushy then solids.....i cant beleive the difference in providers!
Keep us posted with how its going.

Good to hear your experience about the band fill, i have mine next wednesday and looking forward to getting some restriction and hopefully losing some more weight.

good luck with your weight loss this week x

Back