• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Everyone.

Hazed

Hi all, I am new here obviously and honestly a bit overwhelmed. To be honest I am feeling like I'm not sure what to even say in this post..lol A bit about me, I just turned 42 yesterday and I have an amazing husband and 6 year old daughter. My current BMI is 70.. yeah you read it correctly 70.. I have had a consultation with a surgeon and have seen the nutritionist at the hospital. I am to return in 3 months time to see her. I am considering weight loss surgery and was interested in the band but upon consultation i get the impression that it would not do me much good really so the next less scary thing would be the sleeve (feel terrified of the though of the bypass). besides, even if I wanted a bypass I would have to loose weight to get it.. as I am too big!

I have done some research on the sleeve on-line etc.. As I said earlier I feel a bit overwhelmed and not sure if I am coming or going half the time.. I do know that I want to live.. I don't want my daughter to have to live without her mummy.. I really don't :(

Well this is my first post.. ugh probably depressing post.. sorry all. Just wanted to say hi anyway :)

Welcome aboard xxx We have some awesome sleevers on here who can answer your specific questions and many of us who understand totally the wish to be around for our kids as long as possible and have a full healthy happy life xxxx
Hope you enjoy the site xxx

Hi and welcome, whichever path you take you can be sure of getting loads of support from the people on this great forum ;) good luck on your journey xxx

Thank you so much :) I really appreciate it! I know what I need to do, which is the surgery.. I just need to get my head around it I think.. have had so much to think about and my mind always seems to be racing.. lol Thank you again for your reply though and congratulations on your accomplishments with your journey so far xx

wow by the time I posted my last message I had two more replies :) Thank you!
Glad I came out of lurking and decided to post something!! lol

Welcome to the forum. You have taken your first step forward, it will get better for you from now on.
Stay positive. There are some lovely people on here who are all willing and able to help you.
Try and come online every day and join in the chat and banter. You will learn more about what is available to you and how to go about getting what is best for you.
Good luck xx
Lynne xx

Hi and welcome,
Thinking about having surgery is a scary scary thing.
My BMI was 60 and I have 3 children and was terrified.
But it was the best thing I ever did though not the easiest and my life is so much changed for the better that I cannot even begin to tell you.
Good luck with everything x

Thanks Jane.. seems like a very supportive board :) Hate to double post but don't want anyone to think I am looking over their posts...lol I just get more posts by the time I finish typing up my reply :)

Wow Leanne your weightloss is fantastic!! Congratulations. I can only imagine how good you feel!! Keep up the great work!!

Hi and :welcome: to WLS :D Dont be shy, we dont bite!....well Maz does but we keep her sedated ;)
You will find lots of help and advice here, theres always someone to answer any questions you might have....My BMI was over 57 so I wasnt a little un :D We have a few sleevers and it seems to be a really succesful op :D Good Luck on your weightloss journey XX

howdy Hazed :D

If i were you id get referred asap - the waiting times can be a long time. You can always change your mind later and means the waits not as long (does that make sense?)

When/if you get to see the surgeon, he'll recommend the best course for you to take, of course you need to express your opinions if you have a preference.

All the best with deciding!

x

Hi

Welcome to the forum, its all very daunting trying to decide which surgery to have dont stress over it too much, research all the options but ultimately your surgeon will speak to you and advise you of what would be more suitable for you.

Good luck with your journey and lots of people here to answer your questions on all the ops xx

Hey I resemble that remark!Im dead friendly honest!In fact you are on the best forum in the world!
Sounds like a two step op is what your doc has in mind,sleeve then bypass.Or perhaps just the sleeve.One of our members Mixxy had a sleeve and he now rides a bike for hundreds of miles,and he was a big boy(still is but we wont talk about that!)If you dont go for surgery what will the future be for you and your family?Stick with us and ask any questions you need to.best of love.Maz x

Hi hazed....lovely to see you posting...my bmi is around 70 - 72 so you are not alone hun. I've had my funding approved so i'm playing the waiting game now. This site is fantastic and everything i know is down to these guys and gals. I no longer feel terrified but excited for my new life to begin x

Wow thank you all so much for the warm welcome ;) For those that have mentioned me getting a referral now to get the ball rolling I have already met with the nutritionist and the surgeon at the hospital so I believe that part is done.. I have to go back and see the nutritionist in 3 months so i believe the ball is already rolling is it not? or should I be doing something else?? lol

Thanks again.. you all seem so wonderful :)

good luck hazed. quite a few bypasses and sleevers on here so defo got the help and we are all/have been in ur situation.... which surgery to have done and getting nervous about it.

happy posting :)

Back