• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Everyone.

T hank you magicbeans :) Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!

thanks hazed.....cant wait to start shedding some serious stoneage! :p i had a few concerns as have 3 little ones as well...but if i dont do it im going to become diabetic and just feel low because when u get big u seriously stress about ur image.

bookmark this site....its fabtastic!

Hi

My BMI is not far behind yours and I had a band fitted. The surgeon didn't seem worried about my BMI. He did recommend the bypass but I chose to have less invasive surgery. It has taken me some time to get to restriction but I am getting there now and have lost 2 stone since Christmas.

Hi Hazed and welcome to the forum. I'm hoping to get a sleeve too as I'm not sure a band would be right for me but the sleeve feels less invasive than a bypass and a lot of people seem to have success with less extreme diets (still healthy obviously) just smaller quantities. Best of luck to you - keep us posted x

It had to be the sleeve for me. I was depressed at BMI 40 & was told to put on weight!!! to get it in UK so I went abroad & even then it was touch & go as I just hit the point of no return.
Bariatric surgeon said I had biggest stomach he'd ever seen!!! so I was so pleased that all that ghrelin was also removed. Best decision I ever made
Good luck x

Hi Hazed, welcome to the site, dont worry about making your mind up about surgery your surgeon will point you in the right direction. I'm also pre op I've been waiting since March 2009 which is when I went to see my G.P about WLS, and last year around September I started seeing dieticians, physologists, I've just finished group sessions I now have a appointment in May to find out if I have met the critiria to be put forward for surgery, I have no finger nails left i would chew my toe nails but my belly gets in the way rofl.....

Thanks everyone for your support.

It seems some of you have had to wait along time for the surgery.. is that the case with everyone? Anyone know what the average wait time is?

Back