• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Everyone

Stavros

Luton & Dunstable Post-op
Hi everyone
My name is Mark, Stavros is my nickname, and I had a gastric bypass at the Luton and Dunstable Hospital on September the 21st 2011. I am 52 years old and I live on the coast in North Norfolk. I have been overweight most of my adult life and have had type 2 diabetics for nearly eight years, being insulin depended for the last 6 months. It has been a long process to get to where I am today, waiting almost two years from my first appointment at the L & D to getting my procedure completed. I wish I had known about this forum before I had my Op as I was full of apprehension and worry. Mr Jain and his team where wonderful and explained everything to me brilliantly, but it would have been great to have been able to communicate with people who had already been through the procedure. To date I have lost close to 2½ stone since I started my pre-op milk diet, of which 1½ stone has fallen of since my operation 4 weeks ago. I already feel so much better and the real encouraging news is that I know longer need to use insulin. I also have reduced the Metformin tablets by half, and I no long need to take the Gliclazide tablets. I also had constant back pain before the op. with the subsequent weight loss this also seems to have cleared up. All in all I feel so much happier and healthier than I have for years. I am so thankful to Mr Jain’s team and all the staff at the L & D hospital who took great care of me, and really changed my life.:)

Hi Stavros, it's such a brilliant feeling!!!

I'm 2 wks pre op and 17lb down and feel so much better for it.

Keep up the good work and watch your health improve every day.

Best wishes ;~}

welcome Stavros :) shame it took so long to find us, but you're here now :D congrats on your op and well done on an amzing weight loss!! well done you :) xxx

Hello there and well done on your weight loss so far. This website is wonderful for support and advice. Keep us informed of your progress.

Hello Mark and welcome

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss so far!!

Good to meet you, Mark :) You have found us now so all's good. Congratulations on your excellent weight loss, hon xxx :D

hello stavros,

:welcome: well done on your weight loss, now you have found this site you will meet some of the most honest careing people, who have either been through or are going throughor even soon to be going through a similer journey as yourself.

good luck for your future weight loss, and i also look forward to hearing how its going for you.:D:welcome2:

Hi Mark, I had my op at the L & D on the 28th Sep, just a week after you,i too had Mr Jain, isnt he a lovely guy. Congrats on your weightloss, well done. x

Welcome Stavros.Nice to have another gent on the forum:D

Glad all went well for you,i've not had any surgery yet :sigh:but the L&D is my choice should it ever happen so it's nice to hear good views about it.

Keep in touch mate,hope all goes well for the future.

Take Care

Andy

Hi Mark, I had my bypass the day before you at the Spires, Little Aston my Consultant was Mr Khan. Im the same as you Type 2 Diabetic. But I have been on insulin for several years now. Injecting 5 times daily. But since the op I inject once a day of 40 mml and have stopped the metformin completely. Same again Ive lost 2 1/2 stone to date. Well done you on your weight loss. xxx

Welcome Mark!!! Pleased to meet you!!! :) Well done on your weight loss and glad you have found this site! There are so many people on here that are going on the journey similar to you ... at whatever stage they are at! And there is always someone around that can give you help and support.

Good luck ... and looking forward to seeing your updates!! xx

Hi Mark, and welcome to the forum. Well done on your weightloss so far, I bet you are well pleased. I am going to be having my surgery before Christmas and love reading about other people journeys and hearing about their experiences. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Hi Mark n welcome good luck on the rest of ur journey n well dun on the weight loss so far :) x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Thank you all for your kind words of support. It’s nice to no that there are lots of kindred spirits out there and we can all support each other. I so pleased I found this forum:)

Back