• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello everyone!

DayMyLifeBegan

Hiya all, I'm Danielle, 23 years old and on the 4th of march I underwent Bypass Surgery to help me beat my obesity.

It is the greatest thing i have ever done!!!!

So a little about me - Ever since I can remember I have been obese, from my parents wedding when I was 5 having to wear a teenage dress to 7 years ago when it put a complete halt on my life. Despite my age, for the past several years I have been agrophobic and suffered from social anxiety dew to the extent of my weight. I had let it beat me and control my life. Well well... not now!

First time I tried for surgery I was after a band age 19, but my doctor told me I was too young.
He retired couple of years later and the next doctor lead me to believe she would refer me, only to come and do the paperwork and tell me it would be a waste if time and they would never accept me.

I moved doctors once again and it really was 3rd time lucky. I sat in the seat and HE told ME i needed surgery. Hallelujah!! The ball was rolling. That was just under 2 years ago.

On the 11th feb I started my 3 weeks pre-op diet, the 4th march I had my op, the following day I was home and today I have lost 4 and a half stone!!! It surely does put a smile on your face.

My goal in life is to be a mother... I'm finally on my way!

Well done Danielle! Like you I had my bypass with the goal of being a mother in mind after 10 years of TTC.
12 stone loss later and I'm 5 days into my first round of ivf!

Good luck xx

Crikey that is amazing. Well done. Hope you get your dreams re kids ( I wont mention the sleepless nights they give you, and thats as adults lol )

Chrissy

Thnk you both for the warm welcomes!

Oh nicola that is fantastic... I wish you the best of luck!

I might feared fertility issues because of the weigh and always strange cycles, but my body is doing quite well. I always notice that I start my period whenever I eat healthy and exercise. I had one a few days after I started my pre op diet and have one now. Its been years since ive been so regular but I'm not going to get ahead of myself. I need to focus on one thing at a time but it is hard when everything is caused by the weight and so many aspects begin to change.

Im already beginning to feel a hint of confidence.

Hopefully it will happen naturally for you! Plus you're still young :) I would suggest asking for the fertility tests now for you and your partner, as it does help to know if there's something in your way. Xx

Well done Danielle, what an amazing start. I look foward to following your journey

Lynn x

Welcome Danielle and good luck on your journey. It sounds like you've done your time waiting, so now it's about steaming ahead and baking the bypass a part of your life.

A very warm vwelcome Danielle
well done on finding such a fabulous site!
Keep us updated on your progress

Hiya, welcome to the forum. Wow, 4 and a half stone, thats blimmin amazing. Well done. My bypass is Monday :)
Good luck with everything :)

Hiya, welcome to the forum. Wow, 4 and a half stone, thats blimmin amazing. Well done. My bypass is Monday :)
Good luck with everything :)

Congratulations, are you excited? I lost 2 and a half before my op which I was more surprised at. How is your pre-op diet going? The only thing I will warn you about is the trapped wind.

Congratulations, are you excited? I lost 2 and a half before my op which I was more surprised at. How is your pre-op diet going? The only thing I will warn you about is the trapped wind.

I'm really excited, no real nerves. I can't wait for the op day, just to get it over with and start the next phase. I've been steadily losing since Nov 2013 (about 7 stone so far, a stone in the last fortnight on the LSD). Still got a long way to go though!!

Haha I've got some peppermint tea at the ready for that wind pain! Thanks for warning :) :)

I'm really excited, no real nerves. I can't wait for the op day, just to get it over with and start the next phase. I've been steadily losing since Nov 2013 (about 7 stone so far, a stone in the last fortnight on the LSD). Still got a long way to go though!!

Haha I've got some peppermint tea at the ready for that wind pain! Thanks for warning :) :)

Wow that is amazing! I wish I had the motivation to do more by myself but it doesnt matter now.

I was exactly the same, everyone kept saying 'you're too calm', I didnt understand. I did have a little weep when I got to the hospital and changed into my gown, but that was more saying goodbye to my family.

Do everything to prepare for it, I woke in recovery and just thought there was something wrong with my lungs but it was just the wind (me being melodramatic). Dont really expect to sleep the first night because constantly checking on you. I know you might not feel like it but really do try to get out of bed as soon as possible it works wonders.

Wow that is amazing! I wish I had the motivation to do more by myself but it doesnt matter now.

I was exactly the same, everyone kept saying 'you're too calm', I didnt understand. I did have a little weep when I got to the hospital and changed into my gown, but that was more saying goodbye to my family.

Do everything to prepare for it, I woke in recovery and just thought there was something wrong with my lungs but it was just the wind (me being melodramatic). Dont really expect to sleep the first night because constantly checking on you. I know you might not feel like it but really do try to get out of bed as soon as possible it works wonders.

Thanks. I'm not quite sure how I did it but I'm not going to question it too much lol. I've had times where I have lost weight but I've never reached a goal or maintained it :(

Awww I think I'll be the same, probably a bit upset. Either that or I'll be 'alright, see you later' really upbeat!!

Thanks again for the advice. It's all going in. I've made a list of everything I still need to do or buy and you've just reminded me to get some windeze! Thanks!! :)

Hi Danielle, I just wanted to say hello and welcome to THE BEST FORUM EVER!! Congratulations on your fab weight loss and I'll look forward to following what I'm sure will be your amazing success xx

Hi Danielle, I just wanted to say hello and welcome to THE BEST FORUM EVER!! Congratulations on your fab weight loss and I'll look forward to following what I'm sure will be your amazing success xx

Hiya Mel!!! Thank you so much, I am already loving it around here.

I love your Goal 'Now would be good', it made me giggle. I think that is where we all go wrong, we want it overnight, i know i certainly want to wake up and be a size 10 but not sure that is going to happen, even with the surgery (trying to have realistic goals and not get ahead of myself), but It will be the journey that makes it all worth while and also make us proud of ourselves.

I really hope you have news soon on your Op.

Danielle x

Wow, haven't you done well..! Good luck on th rest of your journey..x

Congratulations! I had mine on the 13/02 and I have lost 3 stone. I had a band when I was 23 and lost eight stone (sadly it slipped) losing the weight fixed my Pcos and I fell pregnant easily and again nine months later. The doctors had told me previously that it would be unlikely that I would conceive naturally. Good luck!

Back