• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

Dumpy Mum

Well it' been a long preparation. I'e seen dieticians, health trainers, psychologists , diabetic doctors, surgeons , diabetic endocrinologist and lost 3 stone on my own since last March.
The doctors have all individually told me I'm just waiting on an operation date and I have surgical reassessment next week but then the dietician said there' a multidisciplinary team meeting on monday to rubber stamp it.
The liver shrinking diet is pretty much what I've been on since I started! I'
Off insulin and just one one diabetic tablet now. They reduced my high blood pressure tablets yesterday too !! Also got on and now off a cpap machine! I'm on the lower end of the bmi level now and getting all these worries that I've done so well on my own why go ahead.
Did you all get these worries. The doc says it's very common to gain the weight back and that' why he would like to do a mini bypass on me.
So I'm really going through my options but already got pureed food in the freezer .....

Welcome
I am still early on in my journey but have read in here that it’s normal to have those feelings of doubt. You have done so well so far don’t ever forget that.
The problem seems to be that we can’t keep the weight from springing back on!
I have heard that you shouldn’t do the milk diet long term. How have you used it? If you don’t mind me asking. X

Well it' been a long preparation. I'e seen dieticians, health trainers, psychologists , diabetic doctors, surgeons , diabetic endocrinologist and lost 3 stone on my own since last March.
The doctors have all individually told me I'm just waiting on an operation date and I have surgical reassessment next week but then the dietician said there' a multidisciplinary team meeting on monday to rubber stamp it.
Off insulin and just one one diabetic tablet now. They reduced my high blood pressure tablets yesterday too !! Also got on and now off a cpap machine! I'm on the lower end of the bmi level now and getting all these worries that I've done so well on my own why go ahead.
Did you all get these worries. The doc says it's very common to gain the weight back and that' why he would like to do a mini bypass on me.
So I'm really going through my options but already got pureed food in the freezer .....

Well done on coming off the CPAP and reducing your medication! That is great!
I know what you mean though. I have the same questions and doubts.
I have lost 15kg in total. My BMI has come down from 41 to 37.
Part of me still believes I can do this on my own without the surgery.
But I’m not even halfway yet of getting out of the obese range. And it’s like @Emma1504 says; keeping it off long term is the tricky bit.
I’m sticking to the post-op long term recommendations to prep myself and get used to a new way of eating and that seems to have a positive effect.

Welcome and well done on the weight loss. I have lost and gained weight numerous times. That’s the bit I’m hoping surgery will sort out once and for all.

Welcome and yes we all have doubts and sharing our thoughts and emotions on this forum helps so much xx

Welcome! :)

We’ve all probably had the same thoughts and fears before surgery. We’ve all probably yo-yo’d in weight over the years and believed that we could keep it off but the reality is for most of us, that we simply can’t and require this tool to keep it off for good. X

Hiya I can most certainly relate to this 100%, my surgery is 27th March I’ve been assessed for 21 months and had lost 14kg on my own, I have been really struggling to maintain recently but still question could I do it on my own, the past few weeks have cemented the fact that I couldn’t, I’ve been here so many times before and regained all plus more, I need this tool to help me keep the weight off but I’m at the stage now where I’m getting pre surgery doubts, I’m not worried about the actual surgery, well not yet anyway, what worries me is will I cope afterwards, I know deep down I will and lots of people on here have reassured me that theses thoughts are completely normal. Good luck xxx

Back