• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello everyone

hello and good luck in your recovery

Hi Donna44... Struggling a bit to be honest.. Exhausted because I'm not sleeping very well... And I've resorted to setting an alarm to remind me to drink something... Please tell me sleeping gets better :( xxx

Yesterday was my best day JD, before that all I could do was sit on the sofa and try and get comfy. I am finding that I can get to sleep easy but I am waking up in the middle of the night and cannot get back to sleep, my mouth is still extremely dry too.

I am still off work too, do not have the energy to go back for at least another week. I've tried also to up in calorie intake and that did make an improvement with the tiredness. Hope you feel better in a few days x

give it a few days for your body to adjust jd

Hi all... Just a quick update... I'm feeling so much better ... I managed to go for a walk today and I think the fresh air did me the world of good! Cuts have started itching like crazy which generally means they are healing so really pleased with that. I've managed 2 meal replacements today and loads of water... Might try a soup for dinner! Thank you for all your support and please let me know how you are all getting on :) xxx

Yesterday was my best day JD, before that all I could do was sit on the sofa and try and get comfy. I am finding that I can get to sleep easy but I am waking up in the middle of the night and cannot get back to sleep, my mouth is still extremely dry too. I am still off work too, do not have the energy to go back for at least another week. I've tried also to up in calorie intake and that did make an improvement with the tiredness. Hope you feel better in a few days x

How are you getting on? When do you have to go back to work? X

Hi JD,

Only work Friday's and Saturday's, the hospital gave me a sick note for two weeks, so going to take this weekend off too and go back the following week, to be honest I feel well enough to go back to work now.

Getting bored of the liquid diet, Sunday was extremely hard when the kids and husband were eating roast beef and all the trimmings and I was sitting there sipping soup, then today I smelt toast, OMG it smelt like heaven. Least this Sunday I can go onto pureed food, looking forward to weetabix and scrambled eggs.

Do you get hungry at all? I can't tell if I'm hungry or if I've got wind x

I agree, the liquid diet is becoming a little mundane now (and I'm not even half way through it!)
I'm not getting hungry but my surgeon did put in 4mls into the band... And I think that that's probably what's stopping it. I do remember them telling me that feeling hungry was a good sign though because it means that you're healing well. So that might be it for you x

My surgeon put in a 10 ml band with 1 mls, don't think I have much restriction but I am determined to do it after spending so much money, this has to work for me. Have you jumped on the scales yet? x

I totally agree with you... It is too expensive to mess about with :(
My scales moved down 8lbs but that includes my pre-op diet as well... How about you? X

including my pre op I've lost 20lbs, think Im going to struggle now though as the hunger has really set in and I really want to eat. x

Where is the shocked smiley when you need it??? That's absolutely fantastic :) seriously you must be over the moon :) well done!

I am chuffed, worked so hard for it but also got a long journey ahead of me. I must think of doing some exercise soon! thats the bit I really hate lol. How you coping with the fluids?

You'll get there... You're well on you way ;)
I'm doing meal replacements so I can vary the flavours... Still haven't managed to have 3 a day yet... But making it up with water and green tea. What's a typical day on liquids for you?

I cant drink the meal replacements, I don't like sweet milkshakes, they make me gag.

Today's diet:

1 Milky Coffee - Breakfast
Soup - Lunch
Yogurt & another milky coffee - Snack
Soup - Dinner

Plus I cant seem to drink cold drinks, it gives me wind and feels like I've got a fist in my chest, so Im drinking sugar free juice with hot water.

As the days go on you should get your appetite back, the meal replacements are good for you as they have all the vitamins and minerals that you need.

Hi... Sorry I've been a bit quiet on here... So 10 days post op and today, I'm absolutely starving lol... Might just be an early night for me.... On the plus side... I'm down 12lbs :)

Back