• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, I'm new..

MrsDuck

Hi.

Just thought I'd say hello, and thank everyone for their posts, this site has helped me finally admit I have a problem with overeating and I need help. I'll say it again, I NEED HELP! :)

I've visited the nurse, and have an appointment to meet my surgeon, Prof Ammori at Spire on 7th Apr, aiming for the band to be fitted the first week in May.

I'm a mixed bags of emotions... nervous, excited, worried, happy. My main concern at the minute is the pre-op diet, I hate failing and I love structure. I like to know what I'm eating and at what time.

If anyone has ANY advice whatsoever I'll take it. I have full support from my Husband, family & friends but i don't actually know anyone who has had WLS so I have no-one to really talk to about it, who understands what I'm going through.

Thanks and look forward to sharing my WL journey with you all x

Hello mrs duck. Big welcome to you. Your stats are similar to what mine were but somehow I lost an inch in height as I went through my journey (big fat feet ;)) . You can do it. The first step has been taken already ... Throw your questions at us :D

Hi mrs Duck just wanted to say hi andi am having bypass with mr Ammori I think your in good hands :)

Hi mrs Duck, thanks for your post on my diary. I totally relate with your over eating etc,

I've surprised myself on the pre op diet I've stuck to it, lost 7lbs and hopefully shrunk my liver. You should get a sheet saying exactly what u can eat. I managed to stick to it because I was so scared of failing in the after aspect of having the band fitted. Like not being able to chew enough before swallowing or not being able to put tiny bits in my mouth rather than scoops full of food in my mouth at each bite. I'm trying to get my habits out early .... I know I'm not over it but I'm making steps ....

You can do it , because your worth it

hey duck! hello and good luck! i also went with spire and youll get a big info pack with your pre op diet in with examples of what to eat and how much i stuck to the foods on those sheets. You'll be in great hands with them, just make sure if you have any issues post op to ring them and get yourself booked in! x

Thanks everyone, I must say with BandedHun going in today, I'm a little bit jealous!

Flutterby - you look great, cannot believe how much you've lost in so little time.. When I met the nurse last week, she said it'd be lucky to get down to your stats, do you exercise regularly? Whats your secret? LOL. I have 11 stone in my mind as a target. If I get to that I'll be very happy. xx

Mrs duck, I am ashamed to say I don't exercise much. I do walk my three dogs though and am more active than I used to be. I counted calories and protein. And still ate carbs and fat ... Just far less than I used to do. I really think my metabolism has improved. When I got to my 12st goal the weight continued to drop off even when I upped my calories. My best losses were from not going too low on calories. I tried to stick to 5 days of 1000-1100 calories and then 2 days a week which I used as 'boost days' so my average calories over the week were c 1200 a day. It work for me as the body didn't go into starvation mode as it got confused. I tried to enjoy myself as I used to do before I had the band and not make too many drastic changes which is why I believe my band and I have worked well together. Also lucky I am not really a drinker, so not consuming loads of empty calories! 11 stones loss is probably a bit much for me and in all honesty I am happy if I gain a few back ;) set out a realistic goal of 1-2lbs per week and I don't think you will be disappointed. Good luck x

Thanks everyone, I must say with BandedHun going in today, I'm a little bit jealous! Flutterby - you look great, cannot believe how much you've lost in so little time.. When I met the nurse last week, she said it'd be lucky to get down to your stats, do you exercise regularly? Whats your secret? LOL. I have 11 stone in my mind as a target. If I get to that I'll be very happy. xx

Ahhh it will be you soon chick, plus you will have all our experience and pros and cons to weigh up and help you... Have you decided what group to use babe? Are you all sorted and ready to go for may??? ..... Xx

Hi and a huge Welcome Duck :) sorry i missed your post before just wanted to wish you loads of luck. I was banded almost 8 weeks ago and so far its still empty but am doing well :) May is not far away eeek wishing you all the very best x x x

Thanks chuck, May isn't too far away you're right, it's April tomorrow! This year is going so fast!

Yes, it looks like first week in May, I've got my consultation with Prof Amorri at Spire Manchester a week on Wednesday. I've also asked to meet the dietician the same day, so I can start my pre-op diet and also do bloods etc. I'm not entirely sure what needs to be done before hand, but as I live 1.30 hr away from the hospital, I've asked for all necessary appointments to be on the same day to save me going back & forth, and so I can take 1 day off from work only which they've agreed to. :D I'll also arrange a date then too, aiming for May as I have work commitments that take me to the end of April. Bloomin work!!

Really enjoy reading everyone's journeys, I'm so glad I came across the site (I just googled it, I didn't actually expect to find one!) I don't think id feel as confident as I do now about the surgery and band. I'm so grateful xx

I did the same duck :) was googling info on gastric bands and this site cropped up so pleased it did because like you i wouldn't have been so confident about it all. They are such a lovely bunch too!!! oh gaud yes April starts soon ...... deffo not long :) x x x x

Hi,

I'm ok thanks, had a really busy weekend so haven't really had time to come on.. Grandmas 80th, decorating the kitchen blah blah. LOL. I've been having a quick look through when I've had the chance, you look to be doing great..

I've got my appointment with the surgeon tomorrow, followed by the dietician/nurse straight after. I'll also get my date for the op tomorrow.. Eeeeeeeeek. I feel like I'm the only one pre-op at the mo, not for long!! xx

Good luck tomorrow.
Exciting times xxx

Back