• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm new!

Zoe81

Hi Everyone,

I'm new and after 24 years I feel I'm finally getting somewhere?!
I have Genetic Lymphodema, Lipodema, Dercums Diesease and Vascular Disease. Under Prof Mortimer at St Georges - and part of my treatment plan was Bariatric Surgery...took me 22 years to get here.

After 2 months my GP has referred me to Homerton Uni Hospital for surgery. CCG have approved funding on NHS.

So now I'm waiting on hearing from Homerton...my BMI is 61 and I'm just over 30 stone.

I don't really know now what happens? I've taken part in 2 NHS weight loss plans and followed diet plans from them too - but due to my medical issues - nothing moves or comes off.

Is there anyone else who has been in this sort of position that can shed some light on what to expect/timescales etc?

Thanks all xx

All hospital are different but wanted to say welcome and good luck I’m sure someone who’s at that hospital will be able to help you xx

Hi welcome to this forum. I’m not at the same hospital as you and each deal with the process differently so I can’t help unfortunately, but keep us posted. Good luck :hugs:xx

Welcome and good luck! I remember the feeling of relief and hope I had when my doc referred me for surgery.

Hi Zoe :) Can't really help with time frames and stuff 'cause i'm from a different hospital too but i just wanted to say welcome to the forums and good luck with your journey!

Back