• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, I'm Tanya

Tanya Jade

Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I'm 35 and married with a 2 year old Son. Have tried every diet known to man and woman and nothing seems to work. Finally plucked up the courage to speak to my GP about it and she initially put me on Xenical which hasn't made me lose weight but is just stopping my weight increasing. Anyway, today my GP has done my referral for my gastric band so will wait to see what happens. I have been referred to the Whittington as my PCT is Camden. My BMI is around 48/49. I am hoping to have another baby in due course and have been told I need to wait at least 18 months if I have the band. Does anyone know if you can get pregnant safely after having the bypass? Not sure how long I will have to wait and if it will be funded but will be keeping my fingers and toes firmly crossed. I look forward to getting to know you all x

Welcome to you Tanya xxx

It's a pleasure to 'meet' you Tanya and you have certainly arrived at the right place... hoping that your weightloss journey will be greatly assisted by the forum, as has mine and we are all here to help each other if we can...

Sending every good wish to you and look forward to getting to know you...

Kindest regards.. love and hugs, Bev xxx

:welcome::grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg:

Hi Tanya i'm not sure how long the wait is for pregnancy (1 yr or 2 yrs) post bypass. However our lovely Salski is with child as i type and Shelbel a very successful bypasser also had a baby within the last 12 months so you could try doing a post specifically for them?

Welcome to the forum xx

HI Tanya and a big welcome to or lovely forum. Is it a band or bypass you're going to have, or do you not know yet? Here's a great place to do some research, so feel fee to ask away. There's also the option of a gastric sleeve; some of our members have had that and are doing really well. Sorry I can't help with the baby question, but Julie (phatmomma) has given you great advice there.
I look forward to sharing your WLS journey with you. xxxxxx

hi i am a newbie too! also at whittington and waiting for my dates. was told at meeting that they like people who have had wls to wait 18 months before concieving to ensure there body is fully recovered. there are no probs having a healthy pregnancy after wls and even if u get pregnant very quickly after surgery the dietician said she had plenty of ways to get the right number of calories and nutrients into u. good luck
xx

Hi Tanya
This was a concern of mine too. I had twins through IVF as we are unable to have children any other way. When i asked about being able to have any more children i was told to wait a year before trying and i would probably have more luck getting pregnant when my BMI was lower.
Hope this helps xx

hiya:wavey:, i'm pretty new on here too (just a few days) but everyone is oh so lovely, you will get all the support you need here xxxxx
:party0036:here's to your journey x

Hi Tania had my gastric band done at the Whittington on
Tuesday 2nd November under Mr Sufi. The staff there were absolutely fantastic. I had my first appointment there in Jan 2010 so my 10 month wait wasn't to bad. I was very surprised that it was all relatively pain free for me. I have been signed off for 4weeks from work so I am going to chill and catch up on my me time. Please feel free to contact me if you want any further info

All the best

I am so astounded at how friendly everyone is here. It's nice not to feel like an outsider for once. Fayharry, I would love to hear more about your situation. 10 months wait is not bad at all but I guess it's on a case by case basis and I am not sure how urgent they would consider me or if they will fund it. I am just so desparate now as I feel that I'm eating myself to death! Anyway, positive thoughts!! xx

Hello and welcome Tanya, good luck with ur wl journey xxxx

Hi,

a good friend of mine is a 2yr out bypasser who is almost "cooked" she's currently 35 weeks with twins!!!

The biggest reason to wait is your initial weightloss happens in the first 12-18 months so you need to think about yourself (as hard as that is as a mum - you're used to putting everyone else first) then you will be in a much healthier position to think about adding to your family without having to worry about your weight or weightloss.

Jo x

Hi TJ and Welcome :welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

Glad to find you are trying to find out all the facts regarding any future pregnancy after surgery.

Don`t know all the answers myself but I do believe that you are supposed to wait a year or so after, as your body does need time to recover, whether it be band or bypass.

You would`nt want to rush into having a new baby when you`re still trying to remove lots of weight as you might not be getting all the nutrients to keep you healthy as well as a growing baby.

Whatever happens, take your time and get as much information as possible, that way you will be healthy and strong and have the energy to cope.

:angel:

All the Best wishes for now and for your future hun.

Take care Love Kat x

Back