• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, newbie here with surgery date

Lisardb

Hello everyone, I'm Lisa and I am getting ever closer to my op date. I have my pre op assessment on 20th July and my op is on 20th August. I am getting worried as I am currently attending Slimming World and my surgeon said he wanted me to lose 20kgs before surgery (10 of which should come off during the liver shrinkage diet). I am really struggling to lose more that a pound or two a week and I'm scared I'll be told I haven't done enough! Anyway, enough of that, I just wanted to introduce myself because although I have been reading the forums for a long time, I am now thinking I am going to need you guys soon! xx

Hi Lisa!

Congrats on getting a surgery date!!

I'm a newbie so I don't know much... sorry! But my understanding is as follows.

I understand things speed up loss-wise on the LSD but as far as healthy sustainable weight loss goes, 1-2lbs a week is a sensible amount and it's a loss so hooray, you should feel really good about that!

Ultimately, none (or not many) of us would be here if weight loss was easy and free from obstacles. So I hope your surgeon will be understanding and positive and will put your mind at ease. And I'm inclined to think they set the target a little higher than necessary from what I've read of others' experiences ;-)

Good luck lovely, and keep us posted xxx

hello newbie!
regarding weight lose while doing the LSD,just do your very best ,stick to it and the liver should get smaller,its more about that more than anything else any weight lose is an added bonus
please don't get all twisted over it I wish these doctors wouldn't that when your trying so hard
very good luck

Hello everyone, I'm Lisa and I am getting ever closer to my op date. I have my pre op assessment on 20th July and my op is on 20th August. I am getting worried as I am currently attending Slimming World and my surgeon said he wanted me to lose 20kgs before surgery (10 of which should come off during the liver shrinkage diet). I am really struggling to lose more that a pound or two a week and I'm scared I'll be told I haven't done enough! Anyway, enough of that, I just wanted to introduce myself because although I have been reading the forums for a long time, I am now thinking I am going to need you guys soon! xx

Hi Lisa and welcome to this fab site!!

First of all you're in the right place and amongst some lovely peeps!!

Congrats on getting your op date. :) I am having a sleeve in a couple of weeks at Worcester Royal.

I was asked to lose 10kg before seeing my surgeon but only managed to lose 6kg. My consultant still agreed to see me and was happy with what I lost. I think they set a target weight and view any loss as a step in the right direction.

I am now doing the LSD (pre op) and they have not told me how much to lose but I am just going for it. I am sticking to the rules and doing my best, which is all anyone can do. I am sure you will be fine!!

Hope it goes well for you Lisa and looking forward to reading all about your journey!!

Have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back