• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, so glad to have found you all

ellybellybee

Hi, I finally got the courage and the money to book my Gastric Band, I'm on day three of the pre-op diet and tonight had some extra chicken, two legs to be honest, I'm terrified that I've ruined things and that my liver won't have shrunk enough in time! :cry:Should I go on to the shakes... Got a few days of LL ones left! Could really kick myself having finally reached this place and got the ball rolling for something which I hope will change my life!!! Any help very gratefully received...:)

Jaywill

Dont be too hard on yourself....try and get back on track and not eat anything else that will interfere with your diet....Im sure 2 chicken legs wont create any harm.... Try to get back on track now and not make that same mistake again... All the best with surgery and after surgery....x

Lincs Lass

I think it's brave of you to come here and be honest about what you've done. The fact you've felt bad about it shows how much you will stop it happening again.

In the scheme of things it's a very very very minor transgression

If I was you I'd just go back to following your providers instructions to the letter.

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Hi elly and welcome hun. As sue says it is a minor transgression. Pick yourself up dust yourself down and continue with the preop in earnest ;) good luck x

top_kat

Welcome :)

While it maybe a minor transgression do look at why you did it - the gastric band is not always the answer or the right method of surgery. Post op it takes a LOT of hard work, self control over what and how you eat, I've had mine now for 11 months, and some of those have been really hard to achieve the losses that I have.

But, its also a method of wls that you NEED to be in the right frame of mind for and if you're struggling with your pre-op guidelines, and so early on, it could suggest that maybe you aren't ready for the surgery option you have selected, that you aren't in the right mindset for the changes that you need to make for the band to work.

While it maybe a minor slip up, we all have them, we all will, but one can lead to many, and then post surgery, if you're still having them it will look as if it is the band that's not working, when the reality is, its not you working with the band.

It takes a lot of work, but it can be an amazing tool to weight loss, but surgery isn't the easy answer that some people believe (and I'm not saying that you think/believe that), but it takes a lot of work and the right mindset and headspace to make it work, for it to work and for us to work with it . . .

I just wanted to come at it at a slightly different angle especially as those above have other methods of surgery . . .

Also, the pre-op diet is there to prepare your liver for surgery, be aware that if its not prepared correctly, you could find coming around from the surgery that it hasn't been done - "minor slip ups" aren't worth it . .

Hang in there, reach out for support, but also make sure that this is the right thing for you and that you're prepared to make the changes for the long haul - because it isn't always easy.

:)