• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Beginnings

Hello everyone my name is Annie and I've joined this site tonight. Although I've been following various WLS forums for quite some time. After a long 18 month wait I finally have my surgery date booked for tomorrow at Charing Cross Hospital. I am a little anxious I must admit this is a life changing experience but I'm keen to get this ball rolling. This weight has knocked my confidence over the years and it's now time for new beginnings for me and my family. Feel free to come and say hello. Any advice will gratefully be received. Take care. Annie x

Hi Annie and welcome to the forum. Which type of weight loss surgery are you having? Best of luck with it and hope you're back home recovering and looking forward to your new life very soon.

Welcome & Good luck for tomorrow. x

yorkiegal said:
Hi Annie and welcome to the forum. Which type of weight loss surgery are you having? Best of luck with it and hope you're back home recovering and looking forward to your new life very soon.

My surgeon is planning on doing a Gastric Bypass but he's told me he may have to do a sleeve first then later on do a GB. This is due to me having a gall bladder removal a few years ago and he thinks I may have some internal scar tissue. He won't know for sure until the surgery starts!

Welcome Annie! How exciting. All the best for tomorrow.

Let us know how you get on.

Xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi Annie, :welcome2: You will get lots of great advice on here and meet lovely people along the way. Good luck for tomorrow, let your beginning, begin x

Hello everyone my name is Annie and I've joined this site tonight. Although I've been following various WLS forums for quite some time. After a long 18 month wait I finally have my surgery date booked for tomorrow at Charing Cross Hospital. I am a little anxious I must admit this is a life changing experience but I'm keen to get this ball rolling. This weight has knocked my confidence over the years and it's now time for new beginnings for me and my family. Feel free to come and say hello. Any advice will gratefully be received. Take care. Annie x

good luck babe. we're here for you :)

:welcome:

Hi Annie and welcome to the forum!! Charing Cross is an excellent hospital and you will be in the best hands there. I cannot fault my experience there in the slightest. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and look forward to following your journey :)

Hi Annie, welcome, hope everything goes good for you. keep us posted on your journey pre and post op everyones is different so all the stories are very helpful. x:)

Good luck for tomorrow and your ongoing weight loss journey - keep us posted! x

Hi Annie
Welcome, Good Luck for tomorrow and wishing you a speedy recovery x

:welcome2: xxx

Hi Annie !

Hope you are safe and sound and recovering nicely. Hope to 'hear' from you soon.

Hugs.

Hello everyone, just to let you all know I had my WLS on Thursday and I'm finally home. As mentioned in my previous message my surgeon was a little worried at first due to some previous surgery 20 years ago from a Gall Bladder removal and i was told of the morning of the operation that i must be prepared to have a sleeve with the chance to have a bypass further down the line. Well the good news is my surgeon was able to preform the full gastric bypass and he mentioned that part of the success was that he could see I had stuck to the pre op diet 100%. So if anyone is finding it hard, keep going it's definitely worth while. At the moment I'm finding it hard to get the required amount of fluids in but I'm sure that will come. I will post again in a few days. Good luck everyone! Annie x

Hi Annie

Im glad everything went well for you, Im looking forward to hearing of your loss now xx

Back