• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Everyone.. I'm so pleased to have found you all!

Clare*

Hello There,

Im so pleased to have found this website and all the members. I have just had funding approved for bariatric surgery! I am thrilled , but know that i will need support from like minded friends.. I have a spinal condition , and i cant have it fixed until i lose weight , which is almost impossible , so its a race against time , im on morphine , so its all abit grim :sigh:... but there is light at the end of the tunnel .. i have tried to find information about St Richards Hospital in Chichester, waiting times and the surgeons ... but i cant find a reliable source ... can anyone out there help me ?

I have read so many of your stories ... and its just amazing.

Once i get the hang of the the chat room , i will be in there often .

Thank you for your time .

Much Love

Clare*:D

I had the option of going to St.Richard's but chose Chelsea and Westminster, big mistake. I am still waiting although my friend who was granted funding in January 2011 (I was granted funding in July last year) had her operation at St.Richard's last month so you are a lucky girl to be there. I think her name on here is poppyowner so look out for her posts

Not sure if anyone uses the chat room Clare, I certainly have never found anyone in there when I have entered

Hi Claire, welcome to the site, sorry can'ty help re your hospital as I have no knowledge of them.

Which surgery will you be having?

Welcome Clare xxx Hope that you enjoy being here , there's lots of info and support available to you now x

Welcome. I'm from a different PCT but I wish you luck on your journey x

Thank you all so much for your help , all your advice is very precious to me ..

Its lovely to meet you all !

I have tried to find poppyowner , but i need more posts ... (this is a learning curve for me )

I have sent my questionaire to St Richards ... so i'm just waiting for a reply , Does anyone know how long i will be likly to wait before i get seen ?

Thank you , hope you are having a lovely weekend xxx

Hi Claire & welcome... have a look in my signature & you can see how quick my journey was at Chichester. You'll be in great hands there, they are an amazing team. x

Wow Chichester is amazing, it takes longer than 3 months for your initial consultation from referral here and you had your bypass in that time!! :)

:welcome2: Clare & Jane

I am under a different PCT but have just had my funding agreed. I'm just waiting to be seen which will take a few weeks but my bypass should be within the next 2 months (so I'm told).

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you x

Hi Claire
Welcome to the group, Im new here too and love how friendly and supportive everyone is here.
Im still at an early stage too, I have my seminar in June.
Good Luck with your journey x

Back