• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

raf_wag

Hello,
I’m new to this so thought I would take some time to introduce myself and explain why i'm here.
My names Mary i'm 26 and weigh 18st 12lb and dress size 28. I have struggled with my weight all my life and have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) which does not help. Over the years i have seen various dieticians, been on Metformin and joined slimming clubs but every time i lose so much then put it all back on plus a little bit more.
I went to see my doctor the other day and she suggested a Gastric Band fitted, she told me to look it up on the internet and see if its something i want to do, if i say yes she will refer me straight away. I have a family history of Diabetes and heart disease, I’ve decided to have it done but cant get to see her until November 30th so I’m here to ask questions and find out as much as i can.:)

hi and welcome..... just from your name are you military then?... or hubbi s in raf? xx

Hi Mary and welcome. Feel free to ask any questions you want. Have you considered any other types of weight loss surgery? band may not be the right option for you. It's important to do your research. xx

Hi Mary and :welcome: to WLS ....we have loads of banders here so Im sure you will get all the advice you need XX

Welcome to the site Mary :D

Do research the other types of weight loss surgery. As lovely as your GP sounds they are not experts in the field of WLS and there are other options available - you need to be sure you choose what will be right for you.

Good luck :D

Hello Mary, good to hear from you and hope you have lots of opportunities to explore all avenues and thoughts along the way... I find the wls journey is an interesting and learning experience and I am so pleased that I have learned so much from this forum alongside attending local hospital group meetings.

Sending much love and hugs to you xxx

Hi i started of wanting the band but changed my mind and am going for the bypass.I have diabetes, high colestrel, and asmatic, i have heard all these can go with bypass but the weight is most important, the others are a bonus you will find out what is best for you, Good luck x

Back