• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

DanniiB

Hello,

im new here so thought i would say hi... i found this website after googling weight loss surgery...

I am a 23 yr old mum of 2 boys... my youngest being 6 months old... and i weigh a shocking 18st 9lb and a size 22! i feel disgusted with myself, and was just after some advice on how to go to your gp about weight loss surgery?
I have always struggled with my weight since childhood, and now ive decided to have surgery as nothing else seems to work...

Thanks in advance for any information.

Dannii x

hiya luv - welcome to WLSurgery, i just wanted to wish you luck on your journey. i think honesty is the best policy with your gp, ill look forward to following your progress xxx all the best! x

Hi ya,

Thanks for ur reply... i went to my doctors in november but he just offered me the orlistat tablets which i refused as the side effects are horrible... how did u go about being referred if u dont mind me asking?

Thanks xx

erm.. my consultant at the hospital reconmended it to my gp for me due to my illness but ad to stop smoking b4 my gp would refer me as well as try orlistat!
that may go against you having not tried orlistat as they see surgery as a last option, but dont hold me to that!
you may get bad side effects with surgery.... trying orlistat might work for you, maybe give it a try then least its down on your records as having tried it!

they didnt work for me j-mo - ppl say they make you run to the loo and that, they didnt me! infact the total oposite - it make me constipated - that much i thought id test the theory so i eat all fatty food possable trying to test and and still nothing, i couldnt believe it!
just shows tho... every1 is different it works for some and doesnt for others..... one of my mums friends has lost about 6 stone on orlistat and she loves her new body... shes probs lost more now coz i havent seen her for a while, shes going to my mums this weekend actually!

its worth a try thats all im saying.... it might work for you!

I could not take orlistat and the alternative is no longer available. If you can show your GP that you have tried all the diets going and the results for example weight watchers and lost 3 stone then put 4 on and slimming world again losing 3 stone and putting more back on when you stopped. Give him a diary of everything you have tried with all the dates as close as poss. No doubt pregnancy piled it on etc etc etc.....
Then think of any weight related probs you might have like back ache, breathlessness, not keeping up with kids. It is also worth checking out the PCT guidelines for surgery in your area (not sure where they are). Go armed with as much info as you can and also show that you have done your research.
Hope this helps and welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum... :welcome: and wishing you all the very best in every way with your weightloss journey...

Sending a humungous hug and loads of love... Bev xxx

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg::happy096:

Hi and welcome to the site xx

Hi and welcome,

Orlistat didn't agree with me either, however the counter version - ALLI - apparently isn't the same stength as those prescribed so may be a bit gentler for you, although saying that they still didnt work for me.

I've tried all sorts, diets, tablets - orlistat, alli, accomplia (which they withdrew) and nothing worked....my Diabetes consultant recommended bariatric surgery but before venturing down that I tried virtual gastric band hypnotherapy which was a waste of time - in the end I took the bull by the horns went to my GP explained everything and basically said I was lost where to go now and even before I could say weight loss surgery he suggested it - phew - he was really understanding, which I was worried he might not have been but I think he could see the pain in my eyes....

All I can say is - just go for it with the GP and be totally honest with him/her...

Good luck
Becks xx

Hi,

Thank you all soo much for your replies....

I think im goin to make an appointment with my doctor again for this week and see what he says... i'll let you know how it goes! :)

Take care all and good luck on your journeys! :) xxx

Hi
Welcome to 'The friendly forum'
It's a really good place for information, hints and tips as well as a shoulder to cry on when needed. Get your post count up to 50+ and you will be able to see photos and read diaries.

Back