• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HI ALL!!

HoPe*87*

Hi everyone,

My name is becky, im 23 and live in county durham. Im new to this website so just trying to get the hang of it lol.
I have struggled with my weight for aslong as i can remember. Granted iam only young however i feel like this is a good time to set the ball rolling and ask for help which is what i have done.
my GP and i both agreed on reffering weight loss surgery, iam now under sunderland royal hospital and went to the 1st seminar in december 2010, I have just recieved my 2nd appointment which is 22nd march 2011.
If anyone could give me a little in sight into what goes on at the 2nd appointment it wud be really helpfull.

Thanks in advance
Becky
:):):)

hi and welcome becky. i am also at sunderland and am hopefully due my surgery in next 6 weeks or so.

in my 2nd appointment i was weighted and spoke to both the dietician and the consultant. the dietician spoke about my eatting habits and the consultant spoke about why i felt i needed the operation and why i had a weight problem then we discussed what operation they both thought was best in my case a bypass. i was set a weight loss target of 5 kilos and told if i lost the weight which i did then i could go on the list.

its a very long and often hard process but really worth sticking at . good luck on your journey xxxxx

Last edited:
Awwh thanks Chris, I know its going to be a slow process but i also know it will be worth the wait. I just really hope i meet the criteria for the surgery and i havent waited this long and built my hopes up for nothing.

Becky xXxXxXx

Hi everyone,

My name is becky, im 23 and live in county durham. Im new to this website so just trying to get the hang of it lol.
I have struggled with my weight for aslong as i can remember. Granted iam only young however i feel like this is a good time to set the ball rolling and ask for help which is what i have done.
my GP and i both agreed on reffering weight loss surgery, iam now under sunderland royal hospital and went to the 1st seminar in december 2010, I have just recieved my 2nd appointment which is 22nd march 2011.
If anyone could give me a little in sight into what goes on at the 2nd appointment it wud be really helpfull.

Hi Becky and welcome, im Liz and i do the patient support group for Sunderland our next meeting is on the 24th in the seminar room from 6pm if you would like to come along and meet other patients for a friendly cuppa and a natter then you would be very welcome.
The second appointment will be to discuss health issues and eating habbits and decide which procedure would be best for you, you will also see the dietician, you will be weighed and set a weight loss target for the next appointment which is always a realistic target.

Thanks in advance
Becky
:):):)

Good luck on your wls journey, it would be nice if you could join us sometime.

Liz x

Hi becky i also live in county durham.my 2nd appointment is 15th march.I will post and let you know how it went.

Hi Becky and :welcome: to WLS, we are pleased to have you ;) Im from a different area so cant really help but would be happy to answer anything I can about my surgery :D XX

:welcome:

Hi, I'm from County Durham too and waiting for my 1st appointment in April - my seminar was in Jan. Keep us posted on how you get on x

Hi Becky,
I am also under Sunderland , I had my doctors referal in august 2010 ,seminar in late October and went for my first appointment yesterday.
You will firstly have your weight checked and given two forms to complete-these are just tick box questions.
You will then go in to see the bariatric nurse who will ask you a few questions ,again nothing difficult just mainly about your lifestyle and operation choice.
Next is the dietitian who will discuss your eating habits-food choices ect.
You may then be given a weight loss target to reach before your next appointment which is usually 6 months later.

The crew at Sunderland are a truly dedicated group of people who are extremely skilled and hard working who care about people like ourselves and deserve our total support and admiration, we can show our appreciation by trying our best to help ourselves along this difficult and ,long and stressful journey

Last edited:
Hello and welcome Becky to wls forum

hi becky, my second appt was being weighed and measured, meeting with diatician and filling in questionnaires, really easy stuff and very friendly staff :)

genevive57 said:
hi becky,
just found this site last week and i have just come across your post.
i live in darlington and i am scheduled to have gastric sleeve surgery on 08th march 2012 at darlington memorial hospital.
i am really up and down. either high as a kite thinking of how my life could be post op and, then on the floor thinking am i doin the right thing, might i die during surgery?, will the sleeve work if i don't die? how am i ever going to cope without fish and chips again?
i feel so confused and like you, i am hoping there is a support group in the county durham area. if not - we might have to start one ourselves eh?
how are you feeling hunny? just notice only two days till your op. how have you found the pre op diet? my surgeon - mr. samier doesn't believe in the milk diet, i have been given a very low calorie type diet for my pre op.
anyway, been nice chatting to you my love and hope to hear from you soon.
loadsa love n stuff
jan
p.s. i wish i had this opportunity when i was young like you - my life may have been sooohhh different xx

Hi Jan,
Nice to hear from u! I didn't even know that Darlington memorial was doing bariatric surgery. Darlington is closer to me than Sunderland so I wonder why I wasn't sent there. I have been through every emotional imaginable, happy, sad, scared, excited. I know it will benefit me tho so I've stuck with it and I'm currently feeling quite calm and just want it all over and done with asap lol. I go into hospital to tomorrow at 3pm I have to stay in then get my operation early Friday morning. At first I found the milk diet hard but I'm ok with it now. Bit sick of fruit and yoghurt would love something savoury lol. Yes a support group sounds good to me! There is one at Sunderland hospital but it's to far to travel.
Hope to here from u soon
Take care
Becky xx

Well done Becky,

Have no advice as you are furhter ahead than me( well i say me but i am here because i have a daughter who needs surgery) She is 17 and we have so far been turned down by the NHS as she needs to be 18. Hope all goes well for you. We are looking to hopefully one day meet someone young who has a positive post op story to tell. Please feel free to make contact in the future if you wish but in te mean time all the best.

positive future said:
Well done Becky,

Have no advice as you are furhter ahead than me( well i say me but i am here because i have a daughter who needs surgery) She is 17 and we have so far been turned down by the NHS as she needs to be 18. Hope all goes well for you. We are looking to hopefully one day meet someone young who has a positive post op story to tell. Please feel free to make contact in the future if you wish but in te mean time all the best.

Hi! Nice to hear from u! It's very sad that age is an issue I think u either need the surgery or don't and age shouldn't come into it. What area are u from of u don't mind me asking? I certainly will keep intouch with you and let u know how I get on. I'm going into hospital today got to be at Sunderland for 3pm then operation tomorrow. I have a diary on here that I plan on writing as much as possible in so please feel free to follow my journey xx

hi geneve gd look with your op im sure you will beter ur life im gointo see dr small for the second time on the 16th april just hope he puts me on the list i have met him once i had to have sleep apnea test witch was gd i had xray cause i have band already but dosnt work i go 16th april to have another check xray and see mr small so fingers crossed it wont be long xx

Back