• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

NinaW

I applied for funding last year but was told I had to see a Dietitian I did this last year with Dietitians at St Georges or 6 months. Have now reapplied and was
sent Weight Management Tier 3 questionnaire which I have sent back. How long does it usually take to receive a letter from them with an appointment. What happens next. I am note sure what will happen next as I have done a weight management course. I also see Dr Bano as she is my endocrinologist there and she had said she would refer me for a MDT meeting but I haven't heard anything and wondered what I would expect next. Do you think I still have to see psychologists and dietitians etc.

Why dont you call the hospital? They'll be able to explain. The current nhs England guidelines (as explained to me this week) consisted of 12-18 months weight management and exercise referral For BMI 50+ it was 'only' 6 months.

Check if you've satisfied Tier 3 or not. I wish you lots of luck with your journey

I applied for funding last year but was told I had to see a Dietitian I did this last year with Dietitians at St Georges or 6 months. Have now reapplied and was
sent Weight Management Tier 3 questionnaire which I have sent back. How long does it usually take to receive a letter from them with an appointment. What happens next. I am note sure what will happen next as I have done a weight management course. I also see Dr Bano as she is my endocrinologist there and she had said she would refer me for a MDT meeting but I haven't heard anything and wondered what I would expect next. Do you think I still have to see psychologists and dietitians etc.

Hi, NinaW, sorry i can not help you. I am still in the middle of the process . The whole process is different in different areas but it also varies between people too. And the rules keep changing too.

Btw, i have apointment with dr. Bano, i somehow imagined he was a man!! ;) would have been surprised :) is she nice? What should i expect from the appointment with her?

Last edited:
Why dont you call the hospital? They'll be able to explain. The current nhs England guidelines (as explained to me this week) consisted of 12-18 months weight management and exercise referral For BMI 50+ it was 'only' 6 months.

Check if you've satisfied Tier 3 or not. I wish you lots of luck with your journey

Do you know if that applys for people who started seeing them before april but were not approved for surgery before april?

llora you answered my question! We have a new st George's member!!

I had to have one app with Ruth the dietician and one with mr wan the surgeon and then it went to MDT then I had to have a physiologist app then it went back to MDT and my date is the 9th of august. I originally saw my gp late November and had my first app with the hospital late January.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My experience was totally different ;) i also saw my gp in nov 2013. Then in january i had apointment with dietitian (mid jan) and saw consultant surgeon (the end of jan and the same day as lauren25). Then i had to wait for 3 mnths until they discussed my case on mdt meeting, then i was sent to see dietitian again, bariatric nurse and i still have to have appointment with dr. Bano. Then they should discuss my case on mdt again after that.

Thanks for your replies. Yes I am a St Georges Hospital newbie too. I applied last year for funding but was told I had to do 6 months dietitian and I saw Ruth for that which finished last November. I then reapplied but the rules appear to have changed since and I have now got the Tier 3 questionnaire which I returned. I have a BMI of 40 but do have underactive thyroid, high blood pressure and sleep apnea so do have some co-morbities and arthritis in my knees which gives me mobility probs. I see Dr Bano in the Endo department for my thyroid and she has said I should have a band as all my symptoms will improve. I just so hope it happens. I just keep hoping that a letter will come and I can start my journey to change my life. By the way Dr Bano is nice, I am sure you will like her.

Thanks for your reply. I just keep wondering what to expect from the apointment with dr. Bano. Will she just ask lots of questions or what. Well not too long to wait for the appointment and i'll find out ;)

Any news about your apointments?

Good luck!

Back