• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, new to the group

Charlie Fenton

Hi, my name is Charlie and I have struggled with my weight for nearly 10 years now. After much deliberation, I spoke to my GP and have now been referred to 4healthyweight (tier 3) in Kent and am currently waiting for a response from them. My BMI is 43.2 and I am 20 years old with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, insulin resistance, polycystic ovaries and have been borderline glucose intolerant for the last few years. I have managed to lose weight before, but only if I exercise nearly all day every day (apparently that is down to my conditions making it more difficult, that's what King's College Hospital said anyway) and the second I stop, even if I eat healthily, I seem to start to put weight on. I have tried so many things - dietitians, Weight Watchers, calorie counting, medication etc and so this is the last resort for me. My weight is stopping me doing what I love; I'm a history student (second year of my BA right now) and love visiting castles, museums etc, however the last time I visited I felt so unwell there and had to sit down often, feeling dizzy and sick, which is what prompted me to finally ask about surgery. I would love to hear from anyone who has been in a similar position, can tell me what tier 3 is like, went to 4healthy weight, can give me some advice etc, and I'm so glad to have found this forum!

Just wanted to say hi and good luck xx

Thanks all of you! :) I'm just hoping I get contacted by the Tier 3 service soon, then I can really commit to it over the Easter holidays and the couple of months I have off after exams (I'm currently at university).

Hi, my name is Charlie and I have struggled with my weight for nearly 10 years now. After much deliberation, I spoke to my GP and have now been referred to 4healthyweight (tier 3) in Kent and am currently waiting for a response from them. My BMI is 43.2 and I am 20 years old with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, insulin resistance, polycystic ovaries and have been borderline glucose intolerant for the last few years. I have managed to lose weight before, but only if I exercise nearly all day every day (apparently that is down to my conditions making it more difficult, that's what King's College Hospital said anyway) and the second I stop, even if I eat healthily, I seem to start to put weight on. I have tried so many things - dietitians, Weight Watchers, calorie counting, medication etc and so this is the last resort for me. My weight is stopping me doing what I love; I'm a history student (second year of my BA right now) and love visiting castles, museums etc, however the last time I visited I felt so unwell there and had to sit down often, feeling dizzy and sick, which is what prompted me to finally ask about surgery. I would love to hear from anyone who has been in a similar position, can tell me what tier 3 is like, went to 4healthy weight, can give me some advice etc, and I'm so glad to have found this forum!
Welcome and good luck x

Hi and welcome to the group.

All tier 3 programs are slightly different. I did Weigh Forward which is my local tier 3. It was a 12 month program of healthy eating, regular group sessions and weigh ins, and psychiatric sessions which looked at things such as our attitude towards food and taught mindful eating etc.

I’m waiting at the moment for my first tier 4 appointment.

Good luck with your journey xx

Hi and welcome to the group.

All tier 3 programs are slightly different. I did Weigh Forward which is my local tier 3. It was a 12 month program of healthy eating, regular group sessions and weigh ins, and psychiatric sessions which looked at things such as our attitude towards food and taught mindful eating etc.

I’m waiting at the moment for my first tier 4 appointment.

Good luck with your journey xx

Thank you! I just got my first letter from 4 Healthy Weight (the tier 3 service in Kent) and they say it is from 6 months to a year. I have a phone consultation tomorrow and I'm so excited but a bit nervous too! Though can't wait to get started!

Hello all the very best

Back