• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

Clairem79

Hi all ?

My name is Claire I am 35 and I am just right at the start of my weight loss journey, however before I am able to start properly I'm not sure if it's even going to work for me. I've just had some treatment for over active thyroid (never lost any weight though ) and now the chances are high my thyroid will go under and I can already feel the weight piling on ?.

I'll be funding the surgery myself but I was just wondering if anyone else with an under active thyroid has had the band and it has worked for them.

I'm sorry for all the questions....thanks Claire xx

Hi love! Welcome, I don't have any thyroid issues but I'm sure someone will come along soon and share some info for you ! In relation to the band , I'm only 5 days post op and I am so happy I got it done, can see light at the end of the tunnel! I also self funded xx

Hi Hun,

Awwww that's brilliant, I hope you are recovering well, I bet you are so excited.. I can't wait, I have this image of how I want to look but then on the other hand I don't want to fork out on this surgery if my thyroid is going to stop it working as it should as it is a lot of money. Fingers crossed It will all be fine ?

Love Claire xxx

Hello and welcome Claire 79!
don't be sorry for asking questions that's why you came here and joined in .we all have had to start somewhere so im sure someone will swing by and be able to help you not just that question but many others your bound to have.
good luck in all that you wish for

Welcome Claire I'm a newbee too not been on here for long :) I had a band fitted about 5 weeks ago and so far so excellent. What wls are you interested in having?! I personally don't have any thyroid problems so I can't answer your question - sorry but am sure someone will come along soon to help you. I find this website such a great find it's full of knowledge and I know so much more about wls now I've been though it and have seen ppls diaries it's so helpful! I hope your ok and we speak soon. Xx

Hi all ? My name is Claire I am 35 and I am just right at the start of my weight loss journey, however before I am able to start properly I'm not sure if it's even going to work for me. I've just had some treatment for over active thyroid (never lost any weight though ) and now the chances are high my thyroid will go under and I can already feel the weight piling on ?. I'll be funding the surgery myself but I was just wondering if anyone else with an under active thyroid has had the band and it has worked for them. I'm sorry for all the questions....thanks Claire xx
hi and welcome I did ask that question right at the beg of my journey as i have a under active thyroid prob being on 200 mcg a day! Which is a high dose. Im having a bypass . The doctor whom ref me said as long as my meds are working and blood levels are ok i will lose weight like everyone else with or without meds. But checks will need to be. Made. Have you been on carbomizole or radio iodine ? Hopefully your gp will sort it all out. Go for it i say . Hope this helps good luck with your journey. Let us know how you get on .

Hi Claire
I too am at the very start but have found the information on this site brilliant. Do a search for 'thyroid' and all related posts will come up, hopefully this will give you answers. Good luck x

Back