• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

violetangel

Hi everyone,

New to this site and can't wait to get started!!

I was referred for WLS last October after asking my GP for four years. I think in the end, he just got fed up of me and gave in and agreed to refer me. I was borderline diabetic and I have an under active thyroid.

Finally today, I have been my surgery date today for the 23rd July at WRH with Mr Robinson. Starting the pre op diet on the 1st July. I am allowed 7 Muller yogurts per day!!

I am nervous and excited at the same time.

I am thinking about my hospital bag and what blender to buy now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck to you.
There are some threads regarding the hospital bag. For me, the best thing was my iPad - I could listen to radio whilst trying to go to sleep.

Thanks Hun .

I will be sure to take my iPad and a good book x

hello!
my advise is don't pack too much ,I took 3 sets of night clothes full size bottles of shampoo loads of knackers and bras more than I needed and stuff I don't know where I thought I was going, for the first 2 days I lived in the hospital gown too knackered to change into anything else,did change the night before I left only because the drip was taken out my arm!
I took my ipad/phone/ mp3 player/ chargers a puzzle book and head phones which were a good send as the ward I was on had tv above the bed but not enough head phones
I got myself some mouth spray as advised on here for dry mouths and they worked a treat and lip balm as the wards are very warm and can dry you out a bit
I would advise you look up the thread on here about what to take to hospital some great advise on it

Thank you Los in it!

Some great tips there. I will try not to pack too much and I will buy some dry mouth spray and lip balm.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I took my kindle, magazine and ipod and didn't touch any of them! I was mostly asleep lol. Lip balm is definitely worth packing I used my a lot. Not long to go now, best of luck :)

Thanks x

Yay! Congratulations on your date, not long to go. Good luck and best wishes for your surgery x

Thanks Hun.

I have been given my pre operative assessment date for the 24th June today so it's all finally coming together after nearly five years of waiting!!

Such a relief for you I imagine! Sooooo exciting. My surgery is 26th June, just after your appointment. Lots of things for you to think about now then with getting prepared eg, kitchen things, vitamins, what to pack etc. I've really enjoyed preparing and reading books about the surgery (mostly American but still useful) and reading through this forum which was the most useful. Dreaming about the future too.

Looking forward to reading your journey Hun :)

Ali x

Wishing you lots of luck!!!!

Please let me know how it's all goes for you. Are you having the sleeve?

Also how are you getting on with the pre op diet?

X

Not long to go after all the wait - on the home straight now best of luck!

Thank you :) :) :p

Yes I'm having a gastric sleeve.
I'm having it done in Czech Republic, self pay and they don't require me to do a pre-op diet but I've decided to do my own for the week before to help but I'm also worried if my liver is too large hah, many peoples concern I believe!

Currently reading a book all about the gastric sleeve and post op which is helping with mindset and preparing for an exciting future.

Ref blenders, I was going to buy a nutribullet but saw the almost identical one in asda which was so much cheaper and works very well. Other members have reminded me of little things to get ie dry mouth spray from boots and peppermint oil which I need to buy this weekend.

Take care x

i took all kinds of thins to keep me occupied in hospital but found i didn't even get them out of my bag there was always something going on, nurses needing me, dietician, doctors etc. Then i slept a lot ha ha xxx

Haha yes I can imagine. I bet I will take many things I won't use in the end, but prior to leaving I will be thinking "oh but I might need it, just in case" hah. Husband is coming with me so he can pull the suitcase hah. Xx

Thank you :) :) :p Yes I'm having a gastric sleeve. I'm having it done in Czech Republic, self pay and they don't require me to do a pre-op diet but I've decided to do my own for the week before to help but I'm also worried if my liver is too large hah, many peoples concern I believe! Currently reading a book all about the gastric sleeve and post op which is helping with mindset and preparing for an exciting future. Ref blenders, I was going to buy a nutribullet but saw the almost identical one in asda which was so much cheaper and works very well. Other members have reminded me of little things to get ie dry mouth spray from boots and peppermint oil which I need to buy this weekend. Take care x
let me know how it goes and all the best Hun x

Thank you lovely, you too! Shall be looking out for your updates along the way :p wow just thinking after the weekend I will be saying "it's my surgery next Friday!" Exciting but I can imagine the nerves will set in......excited nerves hah! Will do my own thread soon to keep my updates on I think

Best wishes x

I am looking forward to reading all of your updates and so excited for you. Good luck xx

Welcome to the site , I am new to this site too . I am learning everyday about pre-op and post-op surgery .

Back