• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello

Weeb

Hi I have decided to have a sleeve operation and I am currently on my pre op diet. I am very excited about finally taking control of this problem which I managed to control well until I had three children :)

I am a little anxious having read the side effects and problems list

k

Hi I have decided to have a sleeve operation and I am currently on my pre op diet. I am very excited about finally taking control of this problem which I managed to control well until I had three children :)

I am a little anxious having read the side effects and problems list

k

Good for you.

This is the best decision I have ever made, and yes I was fearful of many things include not making it through, but surgeons have been doing these operations now for many years and they are very experienced at dealing with side effects and problems if they occur at all. Most people come through fine from what I can tell and if people are having problems most of them are only slight problems. (This is from what I can tell from my research)

I had mine done after years of just gaining weight and not even realizing it. I never felt fat even though I knew I was. My shock came when I tried to get life and income insurance and the guy on the other end of the phone line told me "Sorry but we cannot give you insurance as you are too fat". For me that was the last straw and I realized that being fat was more detrimental to my health then having WLS.

In the end it is all up to you. Do the benefits out weight the negative and if you do not have WLS what quality of life would/do you have?

Just my 2 pence worth.

Like sephem said I also know its the best thing ive done I only wish I had done in years ago touch wood all as gone well for me and the weight is slowly ( sometimes I think too slowly!) Coming off the only minor thing is been "bunged up" but I know this can happen and can be sorted so not too worried
good luck with everything

I am three weeks post sleeve surgery and don't have one single regret, it's been hard at times but the compliments have started to come in from friends and i am only three weeks post operation, all i would say is go for it and thinkof the long term benifits and the new you that will develop, good luck

thank you for your advice, met the nurse yesterday about post surgery one week to go

w
Weeb congratulations on getting your surgery date! I haven't had my 1st hospital appointment yet! (7th Nov) But. so wish I was in your shoes, I done quite a bit of research and think I will have the Sleeve unless Consultant disagrees! Where do you live or what hospital are you having your surgery? You will get plenty of advice and help on this site!

HI girls

thank you for all the support I had my surgery done at St Peters, Chertsey everyone was really kind and the surgeon was superb. I am trying to find the post fro the person asking about st peters, but I can't find it - it anyone reads this and wants to know let me know

K

Back