• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new with so many questions

christine77

hi all, at last i have found a website an support group thats not american - was starting to wonder where you were all hiding !!

im chris im 32 and from Durham, and weigh a little over 20 stones i am currently awaiting my gastric bypass through Sunderland hospital. i am trying and nearly there to lose the weight i need to before my operation but am very dis heartened to learn i have to wait until December for my next appointment.
i am so excited to be having this operation as i have tried everything else and have far too many health problems that a 32 year old just shouldnt have !!!!

i dont know anyone else that has had this op and am feeling very alone with so many answers. Can anyone suggest any local support groups?:)

Thanks

Hi Christine and welcome to the site. You have come to the right place for excellent support. There are others near you and I'm sure they will be along soon. December must seem like a long way off but it will soon zip by. The best advice is to follow the rules you get and prepare for the op. The work you put in now will pay dividends post-op. Good luck.

Hi Christine and a big welcome ! The support here is second to none and there is no such thing as a silly question as you're among friends, so ask away anything and anytime you need to.

Rose

Welcome Christine, glad you found us. xx

thanks everyone its great to know the support is out there,

ever since my last appointment i have been very confussed, my consultant said he wanted me to lose 4kg and then if after the next appointment i had lost that then he would give me the liver reducing diet and about 14 days later i'd be having my op. but on speaking the hospital appointments department they said it doesnt work like that i need to join another list and it could be another 8 months before the op which will take me to 3 years after my initial gp referal - should i email my consultant to confirm or should i just wait till my December appointment ?

i really am the world most impatient person lol

thanks everyone its great to know the support is out there,

ever since my last appointment i have been very confussed, my consultant said he wanted me to lose 4kg and then if after the next appointment i had lost that then he would give me the liver reducing diet and about 14 days later i'd be having my op. but on speaking the hospital appointments department they said it doesnt work like that i need to join another list and it could be another 8 months before the op which will take me to 3 years after my initial gp referal - should i email my consultant to confirm or should i just wait till my December appointment ?

i really am the world most impatient person lol

Hi Christine, not sure about the NHS process and seems to vary depending where you live.

Just wanted to say welcome x

hi, wecome to WLS.
so glad you found us.

Hi Christine, im a bander but im on mr smalls waiting list to be converted to a bypass, please feel free to come along to our support group at SRH the next meeting is may 27th 6-8pm in the education where you would of had your seminar, you would be more than welcome to join us, as for our waiting times it averages at approx 14- 18 months from your seminar to surgery at Sunderland............Liz x

Yup, Mixxi is right! It's a loony bin, but the most informative wls loony bin on the net! Ask all your questions and use the waiting time to learn as much as you possibly can. This, a bit like your bypass surgery, is a wls tool that should be used to its full potential xxx

Back