• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help and advice needed please xxx

Daisy85

Had my op on 02.05.2012 and I feel like I'm no further iv lost just under a stone and that's only been since July.
I read ppl on here losing multiple of stones in that time frame.
Please just give me guideline of what you have for your meals and the size of them.
Thank you so much xxx

Sorry can't help you Daisy, I'm pre op. How many band fills have you had and how many mls. Do you feel any restriction at all?

On a different tack, I see you mention Dr Galloway. Are you in the Glasgow and Clyde area like me and did you try the NHS route first? If so, how did you get on?
If different Galloway, please ignore my ramblings.

Had my op on 02.05.2012 and I feel like I'm no further iv lost just under a stone and that's only been since July.
I read ppl on here losing multiple of stones in that time frame.
Please just give me guideline of what you have for your meals and the size of them.
Thank you so much xxx

Do you feel any restrictions what are you eating if you give a little more info I am sure some of the post op banders will be able to give you lots of advice and direction

Well I had no restriction until two weeks ago and I couldn't even swallow water then it eased off, to what I thought was e decent restriction then it went back to basically nothing but then all of a sudden Wednesday I couldn't eat a thing went back to fluids and last night I had home made chips, 1 egg two slices of ham and some beans. It's just gutting that ppl at my stage have lost multiple of stones when I haven't even lost one. I'm thinking of joining slimming world tomorrow night just to try get some weight off not great considering iv spent five and a half thousand poundsx hi emmten yes I had doctor Galloway iv had 9ml in a 14ml band xxx

Hi I'm only coming up to my 2 nd week however I've lost one and a half stone, I would be really stressed if I was you!!

I would go back and get another fill till you feel restriction you have paid a lot of money!!

Hope it sorts it's self out xxxx

Hiya,I had my op 3days after you,I haven't had restriction until recently,most of my weightloss is of my own doing,I'm determined this is gonna work for me..ia typical food diary for me is breakfast-coffee(I can't eat in the mornings) lunch-soup or salad with cottage cheese,dinner-salmon n salad or corned beef salad (good for protein) I also have a protein shake as a snack..I eat all my meals from a toddler sized plate and never finish it xx good luck xx

Yay thanks guys for your help I've now lost 10kg since my last fill. Things are finally starting to move. I've joined the gym and I'm going 5 times a week and I'm seeing a personal trainer once a week xxxx

Glad to hear things are going well . . .it can be hard and disheartening when things aren't moving as we may expect or hope!

glad things are finally starting to move for you. xx

Well I had no restriction until two weeks ago and I couldn't even swallow water then it eased off, to what I thought was e decent restriction then it went back to basically nothing but then all of a sudden Wednesday I couldn't eat a thing went back to fluids and last night I had home made chips, 1 egg two slices of ham and some beans. It's just gutting that ppl at my stage have lost multiple of stones when I haven't even lost one. I'm thinking of joining slimming world tomorrow night just to try get some weight off not great considering iv spent five and a half thousand poundsx hi emmten yes I had doctor Galloway iv had 9ml in a 14ml band xxx

Hi Daisy85, I am in a very similar situation to yourself. I get a fill and feel as if it has helped only for the sensation to go away.....I had my band almost two years ago and have lost barely anything. Can you please reassure me that this thing really does work?xx:cry:

Back