• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advise please xxx

Carre

Hi all I had a small band fitted on the 14 th September and it had a 4 ml fill put in I have lost 8lbs since the op.
I am finding it hard to drink much so I'm having a lot of fruit lolly's and that's it really I'm losing now a 1 lb aday now at 9 lbs off which I think is not good for me is it unhealthily done to quick?
Please advise me as all I got told when I called thg is the dietitian will call me that was days ago??? Xxx

I know I must sound a bit silly as all I want is the weight off, but just want it done right for a change xxx I'm not looking at this as a quick fix but a lifestyle change!! Although I am loving looking at the pounds dropping off daily xxx

The weight loss will definitely slow down so be prepared for that in due course...but enjoy the losses for now. What often happens is a stall for a while as the body catches up...which then disappoints some people when they are used to losing. Nothing to worry about in the grand scheme of things :) Your body is still recovering, but don't worry your appetite for liquids and food will return as the swelling goes down x

How much fluid and clear liquids are you managing post op hun ??

Not even 1 litre ? About 1-2 small cups..? But that's me looking at it as if the lolly's were melted.

I was like that too during my first week and only had clear fluids every so often, and lost just over 10lbs in my first week post surgery. My provider however doesn't put anything in the band but I still struggled to drink very much and suffered with anything thicker than juice or water.

I would give them another call and chase them up, it maybe that you have perhaps a little too much in your band too early, but I was like you during my initial couple of weeks and I didnt have any fill.

Not even 1 litre ? About 1-2 small cups..? But that's me looking at it as if the lolly's were melted.

That isnt very much fluid at all post op. Please try and drink some more. Little an often consistent during they day.When I was post op I felt like I was drinking the whole time I was awake but it does settle once swelling goes down so try not to worry x x x

Hope you get sorted out soon xx

I hardly drank in the first couple of weeks too and did me no harm, I found once swelling settled things resumed! This ire worried me too just like you as everyone was talking about all the fluid intake but I just listened to my body x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Thanks for all your great advice.

I love this site, not only are there so many nice people, we are all in the same boat.!

And the advice you give is your own experience's I know we are not all the same and some of you have had diffrent forms of wls but I relate to most of you xxxx

Hello

I have the same band as u the smallest and had 4 ml infill
For the first week I really struggled to get fluids or even yoguart in me the weight fell off
I lost 13lb
But after week I found I could have more drink I did speak to thg em line once as I was so worried they told me just to keep taking sips and not mouthfuls

Hope this helps x

Hello

I have the same band as u the smallest and had 4 ml infill
For the first week I really struggled to get fluids or even yoguart in me the weight fell off
I lost 13lb
But after week I found I could have more drink I did speak to thg em line once as I was so worried they told me just to keep taking sips and not mouthfuls

Hope this helps x

Cheers Lisa I have now lost 11lbs so far this week and there are still 3 days left?? So glad you posted I'm loving you had the same as me, hope you don't mind if I call on from time to time to compare things xx
How much weight have you lost so far from your surgery ??

Hi Carre,
I too had a 10ml band with 3ml put in during surgery. I didnt want anything but fluids to start off with and was paranoid about it slipping or being stretched! I too lost a lot of weight to start, it does level off a bit as you start to eat more but I can definately feel restriction with the amount I can now eat! Due for a fill in a week or so, will let you know how it goes!
xx

Carre said:
Cheers Lisa I have now lost 11lbs so far this week and there are still 3 days left?? So glad you posted I'm loving you had the same as me, hope you don't mind if I call on from time to time to compare things xx
How much weight have you lost so far from your surgery ??

Hey carre:)

Yeah course call on me any time that be nice :)
Glad I posted to!!

I lost so far as of today I have lost 1stone 13and half lb
In 3 and bit weeks so am well chuffed

Hope ur getting on ok with post op diet ??
I can't wait till sat when I can try non mush food

Lisa x

Back