• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP AND ADVICE NEEDED

tink75

Hi, just wondered who has done the 5 day pouch test and how successful it was for them. Not taken any medication for 2 weeks and feeling total pants for it this weekend. I have spent all day riday and today in bed feeling lathargic and horrid. This in turn has lead to bad eating habits - I ate magic stars tonight - I don't believe it but I did and other bad foods. Needless to say I have been on a constant dump for 2 days and I have gained a pound - I am truely gutted. Really thought I had it sussed and was confident but I have had the most stressful 4 weeks and I have resorted to food for comfort - I could kick myself and expect many of you will!!!!!!!!!! Really hoping that the 5 day pouch test will put me back on the straight and narrow - god I wish I didn't rely on food for comfort - I am so worried that I'll go back - I feel such a failure :sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh:

Tink
I have had sleeve so I don't know about bipass proceedures but I had my op on 27 March and ended up back in hospital last wed but it was due to the amount of fluid I was trying to take with the meds.
I think you need to go back to basics, forget the past and carry on with all the good you have done so far
Positive vibbs to you
good luck

If anyone did kick you, I'd say it was very unfair. You're already beating yourself up and you know it's wrong so there is no need for anyone to harp on about it.

All I can do is try and encourage you to be strong and look at getting yourself back on the straight and narrow.

1lb could be you weighing yourself at the wrong time. I've been 3 weeks without losing anything. But it will come back to you when you regain your strength, mentally and physically.

Don't throw this chance away xx

It is hard to break the habits of a life time and most of us at some point will turn back to food as a comfort that we are familar with and something that has always been there before to lend a hand. No matter what anyone says to you only you can change what you are doing and I for one know how hard it is. Maybe you need to speak to your gp or team about the meds you have come off and see if there is an alternative to help you come off them gradually rather than do cold turkey. I haven't done the 5 day pouch test but have heard mixed reviews about it.

Sorry i can't be anymore help, but am always at the end of a pm if you need to chat. I know where you're coming from and do understand. A kick up the rear is not always the answer x x x x

Cmon Tink, Theres no need for anyone else to beat you up you are doing that all by yourself! None of us are perfect, at least you are aware of what you have done wrong and you know you can put it right as youve done it before. Just forget whats past, as you cant change it, tomorrow is a fresh start. Stay positive, ((HUG)) x

Think it may have been a wrong time to weigh in. Usual weekly weigh in this morning and actually that pound down plus 2lb more. Can't say it's made me feel much better cause I still know that I am out of control - so still doing the 5 day pouch test to get back on track. Thanks everyone for your kind and inspirational words. I am very hard on myself and I expect 110% from myself all the time. I thnk this helps to keep me focused and on track (most of the time) but I think I maybe need to try and relax - I'm just so afraid of going back to what I was!!!!!!!

I don't think you would let yourself go back to how you were Tink. You have spotted yourself that you have had a few iffy days and want to get back on track. Well done for all you have achieved and are going to carry on achieving. I was thinking the other day how much I am going to try and appreciate loosing the weight this time. I lost 4.5 stone for when I got married (needless to say at the time I was no way as big as I am now) and felt I didn't appreciate feeling slim at the time but looking back now I so wish I had. Good luck with the rest of your journey I know you can do it after everything you have gone through.

Hiya Tink - dont beat yourself up! If we were all perfect none of us would need the op's! So you have had a little slip up...join the club hun!
The 5 day pouch test was designed for long term post oppers who were carb overloading or grazing. I did it about 5 months out the first time and did it the second time when I was 10 months out. Both times it was successful for weight loss, but the second time it only took a month and half to turn to eating bit of rubbish again.
I believe we need to look at why we sabotage ourselves...Im doing it at the moment so I know how you feel - however I dont know how to stop. One thing that doesnt help me is feeling guilty or being made to feel guilty (by partner or bypass friends) as that makes me hide what Im doing! So good on you for being honest and DONT beat yourself up.
Each day is a new day and fingers crossed you can get back on track sweet x

The way I lok at it is to look at my slim friends I now count myself to be like them but with an underlying food problem that I believe will always be with me but I know am in control of it and it will never control me again.

They all have 'pig outs' and bad days and weekends etc. The difference is they then pick themselves up and eat healthily again something I couldnt do before but now I can .
So when I have abad day and I do because I am human it is just that a bad day/weekend/week whatever and I get back to it.

Also I run 4 times a week and I believe that excercise keeps me losing/not gaining.

Dont beat yourself up we did that for enough years everyone even slim people !!! fall off that wagon the difference is they get back on they dont stay off !!! that is exactly what you will do
xxxx

Back