• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

If you've been sick...

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
...how long after do you wait to eat again?

I just 'tried' to have tea of carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, sweetcorn, and potatos, with chicken and gravy. Sounds a lot, but teeny portions. All what ive had before, but after a couple of mouthfuls it got stuck, and i had to bring it back up.

Now im eating soft food, crispy foods etc if i push my luck and have one last mouthful, or something that will expand in my pouch then i tend to be sick occasionally.

Obviously vomiting means im not getting my meal. When should i try to eat again, or leave it?. I was going to go back to soups for a day or two.

Its such a learning curve, and i can never find nice things to eat. :sigh:

Are you bypass? Or band?

bypass

Hun, it's a bit early for the food you have tried. Stick to sloppy/mushy stuff. I am 5 weeks post-op and have been on sloppies for a week now. Here is what my bypass dietician sheet suggests:

Cottage cheese
Light varieties of spreadable/cream cheeses
Banana
Omelette or scrambled egg (make without butter, use a small drop of oil)
Sugar free ice lollies (make your own using one part sugar free squash and 4 parts water and freeze)
Fish pie
Soya mince chilli
Tinned spaghetti
Baked beans
Smoothie drinks made with fresh or tinned fruit in natural juice
Dhal with rice
Yam or green banana

Ideas for meals

Breakfast
1 Weetabix with semi skimmed milk or 3tbsp porridge

Mid morning
1-2 tbsp diet/low calorie yoghurt
1-2 tbsp blended/tinned fruit

Lunch
1-2 tbsp lean meat/fish/egg/pulses with plenty of sauce or gravy
1-2 tbsp mashed potato or well cooked rice
1-2 tbsp soft/blended vegetables

Mid afternoon
|Small tub of sugar free jelly or
1-2 tbsp blended fruit of 1 half tinned fruit in natural juice

Evening meal
1-2 tbsp lean meat/fish/egg/pulses with plenty of sauce or gravy
1-2 tbsp mashed potato or well cooked rice
1-2 tbsp soft/blended vegetables
Shepherds pie or
Smooth soup

Supper
1-2 tbsp Diet/low calorie yoghurt
1-2 tbsp blended/tinned fruit

thanks for that. I think im rushing myself too much. My head is craving every food i cant have
Ive done that soft for the past 2 weeks, and suppose was getting a bit fed up. All the veg that i had tonight was all mashed with a fork up into gravy. But my pouch is probably a bit irritated, so ill have sloppies for a few days, and try again with soft food.
I must learn!!

ah right, never thought about that, i love sweetcorn too.

Yep, anything with a 'shell' or harder outer core is not advisable at this stage. It can irritate the seam in your tummy.

I had difficulty with fish and eggs last week and I stepped back back to fluids for a day. It just gave my pouch a chance to calm down.

I have found, as a bypasser, i cannot tolerate broccoli. I used to be able to eat i pre op, i loved it, but since the surgery, it is one of the very few things i can't eat. Sweetcorn i love and can eat no problem.

But you are still very fresh out of surgery, and your pouch needs time to settle and adjust.

thanks everyone. Ill have a day on thin soups 2moro, and see how i go. Let my stomach settle. I want to run b4 i can walk!

Yep the WLS journey is definitely a learning curve, good luck with the rest of your journey and big hugs....it will get better and easier with time :)

Thanks caz xxx

I have only recently been able to stomach sweetcorn but i still cant handle bread and red meat and thats 8 months post op i have found that we can all handle things differantly so is a journey and you learn to work around what you can and cant eat ...... :)

Back